Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2015 SRT I was able to reply to texts using my voice and it would send whatever I asked it to back in a text to the other party. It seems as though there are only preprogrammed replies that can be sent now. Does anyone know if they eliminated this from the new models?

·
Registered
369 Posts
In the owners guide it does state under:

Uconnect 8.4/8.4 NAV Phone

TIP: Your mobile phone must have the full implementation of the Message Access Profile (MAP) to take advantage of this feature. For details about MAP, visit UconnectPhone.com.
Apple iPhone iOS 6 or later supports reading incoming text messages only. To enable this feature on your Apple iPhone, follow these 4 simple steps:
iPhone Notification Settings
1 — Select “Settings”
2 — Select “Bluetooth”
3 — Select the (i) for the paired vehicle
4 — Turn on “Show Notifications”

TIP: Voice Text Reply is not compatible with iPhone, but if your vehicle is equipped with Siri Eyes Free, you can use your voice to send a text message.

Perhaps a call to UConnect support is needed...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

I have always had Droid and it is a newer phone than what I had when I had a 2015 car! I did not have to do anything special with my SRT, it just worked from day 1. I will call uconnect and see if they can help me out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you find out anything about this feature? I loved having this on my previous Jeeps, and it stinks that we seem to have lost that feature.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't imagine that they would have elminated it, but can't find it anywhere. My father has a regular grand cherokee and a droid and it works fine. Worked in my SRT. The only options are predefined messages now.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Yes it was removed. The official response from U-connect:

Please be aware that the previous year models and the 2018 utilize different systems so there are some differences in how the radios work....

SiriusXM Guardian only uses pre-defined responses, whereas the previous models had Uconnect access allowed free form texts.

Reactions: Trackhawkdown
1 - 8 of 8 Posts