Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming there will be one, but even if not, once the new Jeep design comes out do you think it will cause significant discounts to remaining new 2020 Trackhawks?

Do you think regardless of the answer to the first question, it would be smart to wait for the surely better tech that will come with a 2021+ TH?

While I'd think the 2020 TH would be very safe from a quirks standpoint being the 3rd year of the same model style and really many more years for the overall grand cherokee style, I'm hesitant because I'd hate to have buyer's remorse if the 2021 TH was so much better.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Assuming there will be one, but even if not, once the new Jeep design comes out do you think it will cause significant discounts to remaining new 2020 Trackhawks?

Do you think regardless of the answer to the first question, it would be smart to wait for the surely better tech that will come with a 2021+ TH?

While I'd think the 2020 TH would be very safe from a quirks standpoint being the 3rd year of the same model style and really many more years for the overall grand cherokee style, I'm hesitant because I'd hate to have buyer's remorse if the 2021 TH was so much better.

Any thoughts on this?
If money is not an issue buy both. Life is far to short to keep waiting for everything.... In the last 4 years, I have bought a 2016 SRT, 2017, SRT, 2018 TH and now a 2019 TH... I "may" skip the 2020 model TH "if" it looks like the 2021 will have a lot more HP.... The bells and whistle are nice but it's the factory power I'm after... Let's face it, the GC is just another SUV and to me they all look about the same....It's never going to have that sexy sports car look. Oh, and zero problems (quirks) with any of them. YMMV...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I’m also looking forward to the 2021 model and hoping it will be Demon TrackHawk.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There were so many '18s left over that not many '19s or '20's were ordered by dealers so it may be tough to find a leftover '20. BUT, if they put the Demon engine in the TH, then there will be plenty of '18s -'20s hitting the used car market. lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
Can't remember his name, but there's one guy on here that has a contact within FCA's engineering, pertaining to the TH.

IIRC, he mentioned quite a few months ago that it looked like a Demon TH is being tested.

If you're still on here, do you have any new info? Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Meanwhile, I bought a '20 because it's a known quantity, and a '21 may look less good.
More importantly, it'll likely have even more tech, nannies, and gizmos, that I don't care for.

Will a '21 have more power? I dunno. But 700 hp is adequate for driving on snowy roads, I think. If not, there's always Hennesy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Will a '21 have more power? I dunno. But 700 hp is adequate for driving on snowy roads said:
I just spoke with them at Barret Jackson yesterday. $24K to convert a TH to 1000HP! There are way cheaper alternatives.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Can't remember his name, but there's one guy on here that has a contact within FCA's engineering, pertaining to the TH.

IIRC, he mentioned quite a few months ago that it looked like a Demon TH is being tested.

If you're still on here, do you have any new info? Thanks!

It may have been me. I am told there are a couple at the plant for testing and if there is a business case they will go ahead. I am told orders for 20's are up over 19's for some reason. So it looks good. They are doing a Hellcat Durango called "Mariah" - so - a Demon TH doesn't seem that far off, unless the new deal with the merging of FCA does something. If I hear any more I'll post what I can.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just spoke with them at Barret Jackson yesterday. $24K to convert a TH to 1000HP! There are way cheaper alternatives.
They're not cheap, that's for sure. But having a warranty, which I think you'd get, is worth something, too.

In the ever escalating performance war with my girlfriend, she's now looking at a Trackhawk with the Hennesy stuff.
Hopefully she only gets the 850 hp package, as that would leave me some room to beat her.

·
Registered
338 Posts
In the ever escalating performance war with my girlfriend, she's now looking at a Trackhawk with the Hennesy stuff.
Hopefully she only gets the 850 hp package, as that would leave me some room to beat her.
There are somethings in life a lot more important that winning a race... I'd let my GF win....>:)>:)>:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sometimes, yes. Unfortunately, she was the winner in top speed and 0-60.
Then I got a Hellcat, which beats her car in the 1/4-mile, so she bought a Redeye. Now she's the winner no matter what.

Guess we can call this new escalation The SUV Division, as my Trackhawk beats her SUV. And as usual, she won't take that.
But a little friendly competition never hurt anything. Much.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Some of the more knowledgeable on here might suggest you do serious vetting of EVERY tuner you're considering.

·
Super Moderator
896 Posts
It may have been me. I am told there are a couple at the plant for testing and if there is a business case they will go ahead. I am told orders for 20's are up over 19's for some reason. So it looks good. They are doing a Hellcat Durango called "Mariah" - so - a Demon TH doesn't seem that far off, unless the new deal with the merging of FCA does something. If I hear any more I'll post what I can.
a Demon TH dont make sense they have to give away the ones they have now how will they sell Demon Th for 10 K more? like 3 of us will buy them. I dont see it happening unless its price point stays the same and they still offer deals. the hellcat Durango was last year. that I can see going into production if anything.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have to guess that all the 6.2 sc’d cars are going red eye with the 2.7 blower eventually. I expect the next TH to have that package.

They just knocked $2k off the 2.4 blower crate engines nationwide recently, which was the play book when the 392 replaced the 6.1L back in the original srt days.

I don’t see how they rationalize manufacturing both the 2.4 and the 2.7 blower engines (basically the demon motor) continually. One of them has to go

The demon/redeye style 6.2 block and long block configuration is just a more advanced piece over what we have. The larger blower is icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don’t see how they rationalize manufacturing both the 2.4 and the 2.7 blower engines (basically the demon motor) continually. One of them has to go
They had to upgrade the drive train for the Challenger Redeye...are the Trackhawk bits up to the power increase as is?

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Engineering builds all kinds of interesting stuff. That doesn't mean there's even a remote change for production models to happen.

It could be as simple as that they stuffed a Redeye engine in there to get quicker results in the drivetrain durability department.

But yes, sign me up, too,

1 - 20 of 40 Posts