Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all - I'm 99% sure I'm going to get rid of my '16 X5M and move up to the Trackhawk. I'm stoked. But I was bummed to read about the recall, which I guess effects not all vehicles? When I'm shopping does anyone know if those vehicles on dealer lots have had the recall work done? I read that the dealers would be subject to fines and they couldn't release vehicles without repairs. I see a number of vehicles available around here (Chicago, IL) but I'm wondering if I need to worry about the whole recall issue...

EDIT: I just noticed I can search vehicle recall status by VIN. I guess I should just do that first right?

Any other advice on trading in my Bimmer (I own) and bargaining, I'd be more than happy to take too. Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Dealers would get in serious trouble selling a vehicle that has a recall without rectifying it first, though double checking the VIN is good peace of mind for you. Mine had the recall, as in was on the recall list, and was delivered to the dealer after the recall was issued. My dealer wasn’t even allowed to inspect it to see if it needed a new part or not for a month or so, so it had to sit there, they couldn’t sell it to me by law. Once they were allowed to do the inspection they discovered it didn’t even need the new part for it, but nonetheless since my ViN was on the list it still had to sit until they got the clearance to address the issue which turned out to be a moot point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealers would get in serious trouble selling a vehicle that has a recall without rectifying it first, though double checking the VIN is good peace of mind for you. Mine had the recall, as in was on the recall list, and was delivered to the dealer after the recall was issued. My dealer wasn’t even allowed to inspect it to see if it needed a new part or not for a month or so, so it had to sit there, they couldn’t sell it to me by law. Once they were allowed to do the inspection they discovered it didn’t even need the new part for it, but nonetheless since my ViN was on the list it still had to sit until they got the clearance to address the issue which turned out to be a moot point.
Wow - that SUCKS that you had to go through all of that waiting once your car was delivered! Especially since it was moot :) I did do a bunch of VIN searches and all of the vehicles on lots (or on transfer to lots) were not included in the recall. So of course I went in to "look" at a trackhawk in the showroom - and 3 hours later left with it :). Super stoked! thanks for the help.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Wow - that SUCKS that you had to go through all of that waiting once your car was delivered! Especially since it was moot :) I did do a bunch of VIN searches and all of the vehicles on lots (or on transfer to lots) were not included in the recall. So of course I went in to "look" at a trackhawk in the showroom - and 3 hours later left with it :). Super stoked! thanks for the help.
Congrats! I still have a few days left till mine arrives via an enclosed car carrier, I bought mine several states away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts