Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water leak drivers side footwell

So, my wife and went on our first road trip this weekend with the Hawk. When we left it had 26 miles on it. About an hour into the trip, nice sunny warm day, I feel some water spraying on my leg while I'm driving. It stopped after a few seconds and we just kept going.

Stopped at the toll both to pick up a ticket and I figured time to punch it a bit. I did, then I got huge soaking down my leg and sock. When we reached the hotel I checked the floor on the drivers side and the mat, carpet and insulation was all soaked.

I called my son-in-law who is a tech at FCA and he told what to look for - it's happened before to others...….

Long story short, I peeled back the carpet, loosened the trim on the transmission tunnel and found the drain hose from the a/c was just dangling there. It had not been plugged into the hole in the floor to drain.

I soaked up as much of the water as I could with towels. Now to get it dry. I was advised by a friend to start the car, put the a/c on recycle air, raise the temperature as high as it would go, put the fan on hi, park in sun, all windows up with one back window down about one inch. Wait about 1/2 hour. I did it and it dried out completely.

Drove the rest of the weekend put on over 500 miles - no problems.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well, that's a strange one. Thanks for the head's up.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks! I think I will check mine after all the other incomplete assembly errors I have found already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts