Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched this site but couldn't find a previous thread. After searching the net, have seen mostly all positive feedback about these systems which have been around for a long time.

Has anyone tried a system such as what Snow offers? https://www.snowperformance.net/Stage-2-Boost-Cooler-Challenger-Charger-RT-p/sno-2170h-brd.htm

Would definitely make for cooler air intake temps (when you step on it) and allow more timing. I would have it start injecting a 5 pounds of boost and increase as boost goes up. This way the extra HP is available on demand. They say up to 20% gains are possible, but I'd be happy with even 10%. Seems too easy and wondering what the catch is.

HemiFever offers tunes and say they would simply add some timing above their performance tune for the TH.

I just installed an unlocked PCM and Trinity Platinum from Diablo so changing maps is easy and I could put everything back to stock quickly.

Also installed the Billet Tech catch can and have the Legmaker CAI on order.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
I haven’t seen any discussions about this on here. Did you try hellcat.org? The TH is still new enough that not many people are doing this but I bet there’s more than a few challengers and chargers that are running this.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was told that adding this will boost HP significantly when coupled with the upgraded injectors, pulley, tune and plugs. My tuner offered the same snow performance meth kit when I go in on Aug 13'th for my build but I opted to no do this yet. I think once I get used to the new power I will have I might go with the meth Injection kit. I was told that your engine stays cleaner with this, and power gains are big. I dont know of anyone that has done this to a trackhawk yet so I would be curious to hear how it is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After searching the Hellcat forum as Lil Hemi suggested, as well as other sites, I decided not to do the meth. Main reason is that the meth may, if not likely eat the coatings on the SC blades over time. I’m instead going with the FI chiller (on order). The chiller will at least give back roughly 40HP of stock HP lost to heat. Chiller, spacers, upper pulley and a good dyno tune is all I plan to do for now. Easy to add more goodies later…

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had water/meth injection on a Whipple’s 7.4L Suburban. Injection should be post supercharger. Works well, enabling higher boost / timing, but a pain in the ass mixing h2o/meth and beeping the tank full.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
After searching the Hellcat forum as Lil Hemi suggested, as well as other sites, I decided not to do the meth. Main reason is that the meth may, if not likely eat the coatings on the SC blades over time. I’m instead going with the FI chiller (on order). The chiller will at least give back roughly 40HP of stock HP lost to heat. Chiller, spacers, upper pulley and a good dyno tune is all I plan to do for now. Easy to add more goodies later…
I was gonna suggest just this get the interchiller. wont get you as much HP but its all the time and never have to fill the system no maintenance nothing.
good choice IMO. I think everyone should at least get the blanket and spacers. heat kill these monsters fast.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'll be the test pilot for water meth... I go in next week for that and my upper pulley. Already did lower pulley but at the time of install they said not to do the upper and the lower together unless I planned proper cooling. So next week its new plugs - stage 3 water meth kit and upper 2.85 - metco. I will report back on Monday the 21's with feedback. I found that my spare tire hole in the trunk will fit the 2.5" meth tank so it will be hidden. Oh -- this is my birthday gift to myself. That was my excuse to my wife.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm a fan of meth injection for non-Flexfuel builds. Coming from the LSx and LTx world where all the GM ECU's support Flexfuel it's kind of a bummer that the Mopar stuff doesn't.

Injecting into the lid per runner would be ideal, but at that point I'd just run a small shot of nitrous haha. The whole point of meth is that it's "easy" - easy to install, easy to plumb, and easier than n2o to refill.
I don't see the relatively small amount of meth in a 50/50 water/meth mix as a wear factor for the supercharger - LSA CTS-V guys have a significant amount of mileage between the community running pre-TB meth and those blowers (although different from the IHI's here) tend to last longer than the owners do.

My tuner of choice here in Socal (Ryne Cunningham, Cunningham Motorsports) suggested pully + meth as a solution to our crappy pump 91 and I'm probably going to re-create a setup like I did on my 997.2 Turbo S with a single-nozzle 1000cc progressive setup with flow gauge/failsafe for ~$500 from AEM. Very interested to see others' experience here and on the Hellcat boards!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I will be sure to fill everyone in when my work is done next Friday the 18th. I have no clue what to expect. I dont have the spare tire set up in my car so my wheel hole is empty under our trunk board. I measured and it seems like I can put the 2.5 gal tank on that area so its concealed. This is my preferred location rather then exposed in the trunk. Snow performance was with the braided lines are what I went with.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just wanted to post that I got my truck back from my installation this past Friday. Adding 2.85 upper with the metco lower hellcat pulley, added brisk plugs, B-Woody CAI, Snow Performance Stage 3 Meth Injection Kit. The Display for he Meth Kit is hidden on the small shelf in the glove box. The Meth pump and the 2.5 gallon tank are hidden in my spare tire wheel well. - My truck was dyno'd on a AWD dyno, Numbers are 743-HP to the wheel and 727-TQ. I am running with 100% methanol no water mix. The lines are all braided lines. They drilled a hole in my B-Woody after the thermostat and also drilled the cap of my Supercharger. Boost max was 19 psi. This truck is at an entirely different level for performance now. No check engine lights at all. no transmission shift issues. E85 is not available anywhere near my house so Meth Injection was my only option for this set up. The Meth starts to spray at 8psi and increases as boost increases. My performance shop would not do both pulleys on my truck unless proper cooling was done via E85 or Meth.

Comfort mode feels way more powerful then before and Track is simply out of control. There is so much more low level power now. I actually have to re-learn the throttle response.

Feel free to check out my instagram page @scott_kaz73 , I will add the engine bay and glove box shots

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just wanted to post that I got my truck back from my installation this past Friday. Adding 2.85 upper with the metco lower hellcat pulley, added brisk plugs, B-Woody CAI, Snow Performance Stage 3 Meth Injection Kit. The Display for he Meth Kit is hidden on the small shelf in the glove box. The Meth pump and the 2.5 gallon tank are hidden in my spare tire wheel well. - My truck was dyno'd on a AWD dyno, Numbers are 743-HP to the wheel and 727-TQ. I am running with 100% methanol no water mix. The lines are all braided lines. They drilled a hole in my B-Woody after the thermostat and also drilled the cap of my Supercharger. Boost max was 19 psi. This truck is at an entirely different level for performance now. No check engine lights at all. no transmission shift issues. E85 is not available anywhere near my house so Meth Injection was my only option for this set up. The Meth starts to spray at 8psi and increases as boost increases. My performance shop would not do both pulleys on my truck unless proper cooling was done via E85 or Meth.

Comfort mode feels way more powerful then before and Track is simply out of control. There is so much more low level power now. I actually have to re-learn the throttle response.

Feel free to check out my instagram page @scott_kaz73 , I will add the engine bay and glove box shots
hey out of curiosity, did you go upgraded injectors,
headers and CAI in your build as well? I’m thinking if you were to change those out you may be able to get a little more power.
Aside from that, how has your truck been running on the meth? How often do you have to fill up the meth?

I’m in south west AZ and don’t have 93 or e85 so I’m looking for a viable substitute. I come from the corvette world and those motors love meth. I’m curious how the hellcat setup holds up to it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Meth kit installed last October. I haven’t gone through all 5 gallons yet. There is a light on the meth display unit and it tells you when your running low. I got the larger tank it holds 2.5 gallons.
Sign up for Instagram and friend me scott_kaz73. You’ll see in my bio what was done to my truck. I did new plugs. Injectors. Cai. No headers. Not worth the price based on the 30hp you gain. Plus it does not help with controlling heat. our trucks don’t like the heat soak.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts