Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have information reguarding how much power the trackhawk driveline is rated for? I saw somewhere the trans is rated for 900+ foot lbs of torque. Anyone experiencing issues from one of these big 900-1000 Hp kits?

·
Registered
412 Posts
The transfer case is the weakest part... the transmission and rear diff will be fine at those power levels. And honestly, I think _most_ of the guys who put it in Track Mode when hammering on it from a standing start are ok at the power levels you are considering. Track mode puts 70% power to the rear, and that takes some load off the transfer case.

Reactions: ThawkMike

·
Registered
580 Posts
A lot of guys going aftermarket ds also, but don’t think there have been any failures reported yet.

Some are looking at Hellcat mods and following same play book. Unfortunately there isn’t a proven mod option the front diff or transfer case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
A lot of guys going aftermarket ds also, but don’t think there have been any failures reported yet.

Some are looking at Hellcat mods and following same play book. Unfortunately there isn’t a proven mod option the front diff or transfer case.

I assumed that Hennessy MUST have beefed up all transmissions, transfer cases, rear ends, front ends, differintials and drive shafts, etc. for their HPE1000 & HPE1200 Trackhawks. I wonder if any of those stronger parts are availabe for sale -- for those of us who want to do it ourselves?

·
Registered
32 Posts
New member here...I had my TH modded with HHP (pulley, injectors, long tubes, tune) in September. My wife says I drive like a grandpa most of the time. Anyway, my transfer case "failed" a few weeks ago. The traction control and forward collision warning lights came on. The next day the lights were gone. About a week or two later I noticed a low pitched howl from the front of the vehicle. I drove slowly and quietly around a development and it was noticeable. That night the lights came back on again.
I have a good relationship with the service manager at the dealer near me. I brought it over to him to review and 'fix'.
Long story is the transfer case clutches were shot and the whole thing needed to be replaced. the part was on backorder so it took a week to do the job. Yes they did the whole thing under warrantee. Problem is that it still isnt right. In fact its bad. When I am pulling or backing out a driveway for example and have the wheels turn near full lock, the front wheels hop or jump. Happens left or right. At low speed I can the same howl as previous.

Service person said "give it a couple hundred miles and see if anything changes, then let me know".

·
Registered
580 Posts
I assumed that Hennessy MUST have beefed up all transmissions, transfer cases, rear ends, front ends, differintials and drive shafts, etc. for their HPE1000 & HPE1200 Trackhawks. I wonder if any of those stronger parts are availabe for sale -- for those of us who want to do it ourselves?
A few companies make beefed up center diffs and transmission. about $3500 for center diff.

DS and axles are availableas well, from more than one vendor.

Rear and front diff, I do not believe there are upgraded oem case options, just bracing to help hold things in place.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like you may have toasted the front diff as well.

Thanks - honestly my wife is partly correct. I may have only launched it 3-4 times stock and 3-4 times modded. Gonna see if the few hundred miles changes anything but it is not easy to drive like this. Makes me not want to drive at all

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks - honestly my wife is partly correct. I may have only launched it 3-4 times stock and 3-4 times modded. Gonna see if the few hundred miles changes anything but it is not easy to drive like this. Makes me not want to drive at all

Helps to keep things in track mode when you beat on it. Rear side of drivetrain is better suited to take the abuse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mike, this also happened with mine, exactly how you describe. It did coincide with the crazy cold that hit TX, and I don't think it's a coincidence, but who knows. I will start driving in Sport all the time and keep the forum posted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nanny lights are back on this morning. Its not getting better, but worse. Contacting dealer tomorrow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts