Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let’s talk about weight reduction. From things I’ve done and weighed and things I’ll probably do, here’s a break down:

Spare Tire 51.6lbs
Jack 9lbs
Misc 4.6lbs (side tubs on spare and wheel lock)
Privacy screen in cargo area 6.8lbs
Stock air intake 7lbs
AFE intake 4.8lbs
Washer fluid Removal 7.4 lbs (1 gallon)
Michelin pilot sport AS3 saves 27lbs over all season run flats
stock battery is 46.7lbs

I‘ll add some more weights later.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let’s talk about weight reduction. From things I’ve done and weighed and things I’ll probably do, here’s a break down:

Spare Tire 51.6lbs
Jack 9lbs
Stock air intake 7lbs
AFE intake 4.8lbs
stock battery is 46.7lbs
Arch Angel 80AHr 23.8 lbs
Darrel Cox Battery 60AHr 9.8 lbs
Antigravity Battery 60AHr 18.4 lbs

Demon performance brakes 24.4 lbs for front rotors bs the 31lbs for stock

I‘ll add some more weights later.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spare Tire 51.6lbs
Jack 9lbs
Stock air intake 7lbs
AFE intake 4.8lbs
stock battery is 46.7lbs
Arch Angel 80AHr 23.8 lbs
Darrel Cox Battery 60AHr 9.8 lbs
Antigravity Battery 60AHr 18.4 lbs

Demon performance brakes 24.4 lbs for front rotors bs the 31lbs for stock
Wheel (Black Satin) - 31lbs
All season Pirelli Verde - 45lbs

·
Registered
415 Posts
maybe 800 lbs using a rough 3% weight reduction equaling .1s of ET reduction. But total guesstimate.
800 Lbs is a lot of weight to remove from a vehicle and keep all it's functions, but that is pretty accurate. There are plenty of 1/4 mile calculators on line. Just plug in weight and horsepower for a good estimate. Obviously there are many factors that aren't taken into account like aerodynamics, traction, etc...

Reactions: ROCKETW19 and Tom C

·
Registered
71 Posts
800 Lbs is a lot of weight to remove from a vehicle and keep all it's functions, but that is pretty accurate. There are plenty of 1/4 mile calculators on line. Just plug in weight and horsepower for a good estimate. Obviously there are many factors that aren't taken into account like aerodynamics, traction, etc...
I am all about weight reduction that improves or is neutral to the overall function of the car and the amenities. But the problem is that if it is usually an improvement it is probably by using a lighter weight material which has a costly price tag (like titanium or carbon fiber). I can’t see getting more than a couple of hundred pounds lopped off without spending a small fortune. The low hanging fruit in the unsprung weight can be had with the lighter rotors and Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ (had them on my last two vehicles and love the all around performance). A couple hundred pounds won’t get that 1/2 second of ET but could be the difference of an 11.0x and 10.9x run...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just add more power instead.
why not do a combination of both? Weight reduction doesn’t put more stress on engine and driveline components, which can’t be said for just making more power. Plus there are other benefits like improved hailing, braking and fuel economy.... ok who really cares about fuel economy....but you get the point.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
I hear ya, like you said losing weight costs money. Probably get more results per dollar going the power route Is what I meant. As things wear out, I’ll be replacing with a lighter version but my cheap butt won’t let me replace stuff before it’s needed.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Racing Brake Jeep TrackHawk Front Carbon Ceramic Rotors (2018-2020) - Jeep Performance Brakes

RB-CCB Rotor Kit (400/350mm) for Jeep Trackhawk 2012+ Upgrade Fits OE Calipers w/o Modifications (P/N 2C11 & 2C99)

carbon ceramic brakes: front 46lbs, rears 25 lbs savings (rears need the caliper kit since there are clearance issues with emergency brake drums)...cost for complete kit including carbon ceramic pads..almost $12K....ouch... I think I would rather swap to a 2.7L Demon blower...
the RB ceramic brakes look amazing but someone who had them said they didnt work that good. That part I cant tell you if true or not just what he said.

I think the Demon rotors are the way to go. they look nice and save you 15 or so lbs each rotor I cant remember but I like the way they look. If I remember correct they were only 2K rotors only no calipers of coarse.

Demon blower is def the way to go. you can get bigger better after market but IMO the factory one just seems better to me. I like to mod everything so that weird for me to say.

If you remove the tow bar list it here for sale I have seen guys looking for them.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
ops sorry the Demon rotors are $2600
copied off website as I was off on weight also (16lbs front and 14 back so 30 lbs total)
The front rotors are 30.7 vs. 38.7 lbs for the stock TH 2 piece units. The rear rotors are 17 lbs vs. 24 lbs for the stock units.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts