Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to sound strange, and in the scheme of things it is not a big deal... just an annoyance.

I live in a pretty hot climate, and if my TH is out in the sun for even an hour or so, the rear wiper fluid (with the vehicle off... I have yet to run the switch/pump to activate it) will "spit" some fluid out on the rear window. It dries fast, but obviously streaks, and I come home and clean it off.

Anyone else experience this? I did not ever have this issue with my '15 GC SRT. Maybe the fluid in the line is expanding when exposed to some heat. I should probably run it for a minute or so and see if that "purge" will reduce some pressure. That's all I can figure it is... pressure building up in a closed system. Maybe the reservoir was overfilled from the factory.

Any other thoughts on alleviating the "problem?"

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is going to sound strange, and in the scheme of things it is not a big deal... just an annoyance.

I live in a pretty hot climate, and if my TH is out in the sun for even an hour or so, the rear wiper fluid (with the vehicle off... I have yet to run the switch/pump to activate it) will "spit" some fluid out on the rear window. It dries fast, but obviously streaks, and I come home and clean it off.

Anyone else experience this? I did not ever have this issue with my '15 GC SRT. Maybe the fluid in the line is expanding when exposed to some heat. I should probably run it for a minute or so and see if that "purge" will reduce some pressure. That's all I can figure it is... pressure building up in a closed system. Maybe the reservoir was overfilled from the factory.

Any other thoughts on alleviating the "problem?"
I kind of had the exact same problem. I went to the car wash one day and I got everything towel dried and parked it in the garage as usual. I came out later to find the rear wiper jet had puked “blue goo” all over the rear window and even ran down the paint. It was extremely hot (for the middle of May in Kansas) that day with the outside temps around 98 degrees and probably even a little hotter in my garage. It was like the water in the washer fluid had evaporated and what was left behind was very difficult to remove after it baked on. After this happened, I ran the washer pump for a minute right before I washed it the next time and I have not had it happen since. I assumed my issue is because it had not been used since it left the factory. If you are experiencing this spitting each time you leave it in the sun you might have the dealership check it out to see if you have a defective valve or something. I never noticed this issue on my 2015 SRT either…. Maybe they ran the rear washer line on a different path along the roof line or something.

On another unrelated issue… My 2015 SRT would never lose a radio signal from XM or the same regular radio stations in my garage (even with the door up) or at the car wash’s carport. It is as if my TH loses line of sight with the sky the radio will go silent as it struggles to acquire a signal. I don’t know if my antenna didn’t get hooked up or this is considered “normal reception” now….?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, what you're describing is the same as what I'm dealing with. I went out last night and ran the washer pump... we will see if I keep having the problem. That is the first time I used the rear washer pump since I bought it. But same scenario as you... hot days in the sun, come out after having lunch and the evaporated fluid had been spit/trickled down to the wiper blade.

As far as the XM signal... my TH also struggles to reaquire the signal moreso than my '15 SRT. Not a huge deal, but it is noticeable when starting it up the first time on a given day.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Yes, had the same problem here but as said above, it went away after the first time I used the pump... At least its stopped doing it for a week now anyway.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, had the same problem here but as said above, it went away after the first time I used the pump... At least its stopped doing it for a week now anyway.
I did the same... ran my pump a good 5 seconds... the other day and so far no more issues.

Appreciate the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts