Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I’m ready to to the Eibach springs, but have read a lot of info on other parts needed for dialing in the alignment properly. Can someone help outline the recommended parts needed I. Addition to the springs? I’m thinking about grabbing a rear sway bar too. That said this is my daily ! Thanks in advance as I’ve got the bug to get moving. Last thing I want to do is mess up an awesome vehicle. !

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
243 Posts
Cheapest SPC 82360 camber plates(torque to 130 ft lbs) I found was at CarPartsDiscount.com was 2 sets for $44.00. Eibach E10-51-022-01-22 @ Complete Street Performance for $439.95 shipped, plus Bwoody rear upper control arms. Prices may have changed since I did mine last September. I made my Bwoody control arm 1" to 1 1/4" longer than stock arms.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's oddly hit or miss. Some guys couldn't get their alignment right after installing springs without some aftermarket pieces, while a lot like myself needed nothing to put it back within specs.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It's oddly hit or miss. Some guys couldn't get their alignment right after installing springs without some aftermarket pieces, while a lot like myself needed nothing to put it back within specs.
Agreed. I installed Eibachs on mine with no issues and came back to within spec with no additional parts needed. I would install first and see if or what you need from there. No use in putting extra parts on that are unnecessary/costly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just didn't like the way the back tires leaned in at the top so much, got the camber plates to just make it easier to move front end around. It all depends how much effort the alignment guy wants to do. I do a lot of long trips didn't want wear out inside of Michelin tires or rotate more often. But it is odd like you said it's a hit or miss. I did drive mine for almost 2 months before I got another alignment once I added Bwoody control & toe arms, plus the camber plates.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback. One item I am not accounting for is the maintenance required for the bwoody setup - greasing the fittings on an interval etc. more than I’d like to worry about on a daily !

anyone try the mopar springs ?

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
it seems like the grease is needed more often then you think. mine were very dry only after a few thousand miles. I would keep a eye on that,

also the alignment kit may not be "needed" but the way it was explained to me by the alignment guy was just because its in speck does not mean its good. he went on to talk about numbers and stuff I have no clue about but could tell he did. I already had the plates but only wanted them in if needed. he wasnt selling me anything so it made me trust it more. If it was Bwoody saying that I would have to look into it more if that makes sense? If I remember correct the camber kit was less then 100 bucks why would you not have it on hand? the whole suspension kit was less then 1000 bucks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. One item I am not accounting for is the maintenance required for the bwoody setup - greasing the fittings on an interval etc. more than I’d like to worry about on a daily !

anyone try the mopar springs ?
you would grease the fittings at the time of your oil changes, the dealer can do that for you without question.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think the type of grease could lesson the interval. On my other polyurethane bushing vehicles I use 100% dielectric grease and have good results but BWoody recommends marine grease. As long as it is waterproof, it should get a few oil changes I would think.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I'm there - plan to buy the Springs, and bwoody kit. Anyone have concerns on DD with this set-up? I'll run stock wheels for a bit, but plan to swap to 22s.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
I think I'm there - plan to buy the Springs, and bwoody kit. Anyone have concerns on DD with this set-up? I'll run stock wheels for a bit, but plan to swap to 22s.
nope I ran it on stocks until my wheels were built and now on 22s also zero issues so far.
If you get the rear sway bar some will say the links dont work and some of us have them mounted with no issues. to be safe if you plan on getting the rear sway bar ask bwoody if they will give you these links instead. you might be one of the guys who cant install it? If you dont plan on sway bar then dont mind me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just didn't like the way the back tires leaned in at the top so much, got the camber plates to just make it easier to move front end around. It all depends how much effort the alignment guy wants to do. I do a lot of long trips didn't want wear out inside of Michelin tires or rotate more often. But it is odd like you said it's a hit or miss. I did drive mine for almost 2 months before I got another alignment once I added Bwoody control & toe arms, plus the camber plates.
Did the Bwoody control and toe arms resolve the negative camber of the back wheels?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mine do the same thing, never really noticed. But seem aimed properly at night for driving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry guys, new here. And not real 'handy' with automotive stuff. But I love my trackhawk and am doing a lot to it. Already have sniper hood, lip splitter, 22" velgen wheels, Borla S-type exhaust. I'm having exhaust tips and lip splitter painted to match rims (satin bronze).

I want to lower the jeep now. If I'm understanding this thread, i need to buy:

This lists two things: Rear Anti-Roll Kit ($270) and Special Edition Pro Kit Performance Springs.

Is there anything else i should order upfront? If so, what and where? I'll give this all to a shop and hopefully they will know what to do with it. lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts