Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They STILL are having pretty ridiculous delays delivering TH cat backs. I just don’t understand how this is still a problem. I can see underestimating the demand and it taking a minute to catch up but they’ve been on the market for over 6 months. I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago at least, was told it shipped out on Wednesday but I still can’t get a tracking number.

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m just getting grumpy waiting. Between this and the Livernois laptop I’m just sick of waiting.

They made my interchiller AND shipped across the world in like two and a half weeks. And that’s a tiny Australian company..........

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well apparently Borla is drunk. I got PK to give them a call so he could provide a tracking number to me and it turns out, it hasn’t even shipped yet. After PK cleared up any confusion, they shipped out the cat back today, looks like the tips aren’t ready just yet and that was the hold up even though PK had told them to ship separately. Shipping out of Arlington TX so it should be here Friday. Thanks to PK for solving the mystery n getting Borla straightened out.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
curious to see what you think of the sound after install and the S1025. I think we have similar tastes in exhaust noise. I was just gonna do the mid pipe swap but i will see what you think first.

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m just looking for a subtle change, I’m not wanting it to be loud af. I think Borla will deliver what I’m looking for with the S type. We will know by noon tomorrow for sure.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I’m just looking for a subtle change, I’m not wanting it to be loud af. I think Borla will deliver what I’m looking for with the S type. We will know by noon tomorrow for sure.
Yep, you'll like it. I've had the Borla S-Type on for roughly 4,000 miles now and it adds the growl that the stock exhaust missed. Sounds perfect on startup and WOT with no drone in the cabin.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
The S type was perfect for me, nice growl at start up (little louder there than I expected but awesome), decently loud at WOT and just slightly louder than stock elsewhere.

It does have a lot of burble during decel / down shift as well which I really like.

My only critique is that it has the very slightest drone at a narrow RPM window. 99.9% of people wouldn't notice it, in fact, even my wife who is prone to migraines and very sensitive to noise didn't pick up on it, I only did because I was specifically listening for ANY at all...

At this point I cant even tell you what the exact RPM window was, I haven't noticed it again since that first week.

So maybe that's not even a critique but more an observation for those extremely anal like I can be....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts