Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been using royal purple for years and continue to use it on Lil Hemi. Here’s a few YouTube’s that support my choice. I also use RP for the oil filter. I’m thinking of changing to AMSOIL. who does what? Anyone send their used stuff out to analyze?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’ve been using royal purple for years and continue to use it on Lil Hemi. Here’s a few YouTube’s that support my choice. I also use RP for the oil filter. I’m thinking of changing to AMSOIL. who does what? Anyone send their used stuff out to analyze?
I have always used RP in my SRT and their diff fluid also. I did always use the mopar filters though. AMSOIL is great stuff also. I ran it in my wrangler for years and I’ve run Mobil 1 Full synthetic in all my Vettes. I got sucked into the maintenance plan when I bought the Hawk so I’m guessing I’m going to use whatever they put in unless it seems poor quality. Not having my own garage and tools at the moment is going to suck, I hate not doing all my own maintenance.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
you run E85 dont go spending to much on oil. you should change it more often. meaning dont get a 10K mile oil cuz your gonna have to change it every 3K anyways or should at least. have you looked into anything that neutralizes the water content in the ethanol yet? I am swamped at work right now or I would find some studys on the subject so we can learn a bit more. I add that oil in my E85 everytime I fill up.maybe I am doing it for noything or maybe you guys are jacking you stuff up for not doing it? I dont know enough yet

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The water thing is the main reason I use RP. Did you watch the first video I posted?

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I fully understand the AMSOIL following, no doubt they’ve earned that reputation. That’s why I’m considering switching. I should’ve specified I’m nearly always on E85. Anyone have any data, or anything that passes as data that would support AMSOIL v RP in an ethanol environment? Like Rocket mentioned, moisture can be a concern. Also it’s a daily driver, running 850ish at the wheels on stock blower only.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am an Amsoil dealer and will be using Amsoil oil & probably a WIX filter from my 1st oil change on. Been a dealer for years but I have been using Amsoil products before that. Used Amsoil in multiple different personal vehicles, (2) Evo 9s, H22 swapped Accord, Saab 9-7X Aero, Ford Lightning, C5 Z06 Vette, BMW X5 Diesel & the wife's current turbo Optima. I also send oil samples out to Blackstone Labs every (2) oil changes.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Pennzoil Ultra 0-40. I'd prefer to use Mobil One, like I've used in my Vettes for the past ~20 years, but they don't make an oil the meets the TH engine specs.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I only use Amsoil in the TH and my 1000+ whp S2000.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts