Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bout to pull the trigger. What's the consensus?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
They’re all fairly similar as long as u don’t go super cheap. If you want other engine dress up stuff or just a particular color look at billettechnology.com but be prepared to wait 6-8 weeks depending on the color.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
check American brother design on IG they make some cool looking parts for the motor bay including catch cans.

I have JLT but if I knew about ABD I would of got a cool looking one lol. if you dont care about looks get JLT or any really

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bout to pull the trigger. What's the consensus?

Thanks.
Hey man, do you live in Flemington, NJ? This William (B.J.), I used to work with ToxicFab on the Evo forums. Lived in Flemington/Clinton area until Feb. 2015 then moved down to Raleigh, NC. I put a deposit on a new, leftover '18 Trackhawk a couple days ago. I would have sent you a PM but I don't have enough posts yet, haha.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Looks like it drains from that brass fitting on the bottom, no clue why it would be venting to atmosphere though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yup I like dem UPR’s, I got both passenger and driver side.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yup I like dem UPR’s, I got both passenger and driver side.
Passenger & driver side? Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a catch can on their website for the drivers side. Are you referring to the Optional one-way crankcase breather?

Also, I got your PM about the strut bar, will email you soon, thanks dude!

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Passenger & driver side? Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a catch can on their website for the drivers side. Are you referring to the Optional one-way crankcase breather?

Also, I got your PM about the strut bar, will email you soon, thanks dude!
they make drivers side catch can. from what I have seen it dont catch anything though. so not needed IMO.
strut bars are pretty nice also good call on getting that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
they make drivers side catch can. from what I have seen it dont catch anything though. so not needed IMO.
strut bars are pretty nice also good call on getting that.
Not sure how I'm not finding the drivers side catch can they offer. Only one I saw was the fuse box mounted one. I will probably purchase the fuse box mounted can soon & wait until I purchase an intake to get the drivers side can. I ran a dual can setup on my old evo for years. Had little to no oil in the drivers side can (valve cover to intake), but it was nice to know the intake pipe & in that case, turbo, were kept clean. If for some reason I did ever see oil collecting in that can, I knew that was an issue I needed to look into.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the Livernois unit. I like how it fits and it works fine. I would have just gotten a Billet tech Z-bar to use my previous Billet Tech unit from my SRT but they never have anything in stock and I didn't want to wait 3-4 months. The fit of the Livernois unit is far better anyways and easier to access the fluid holder.

·
Registered
220 Posts
This is what the drivers side catches, before installing it my intake track would have a light sheen of oil and my throttle body and butterfly would have some black soot built up on the edges of the shaft and on blade edge where it contacts body. Intake and TB are very clean now after catch can install.

Reactions: GraniteHawk

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is what the drivers side catches, before installing it my intake track would have a light sheen of oil and my throttle body and butterfly would have some black soot built up on the edges of the shaft and on blade edge where it contacts body. Intake and TB are very clean now after catch can install.
Awesome, thanks for the picture sir! I'll have to look at their website again as I didn't see the drivers side can last time. I'm planning on the Legmaker intake & that looks like it will have zero issues with the heatshield he provides.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Not sure how I'm not finding the drivers side catch can they offer. Only one I saw was the fuse box mounted one. I will probably purchase the fuse box mounted can soon & wait until I purchase an intake to get the drivers side can. I ran a dual can setup on my old evo for years. Had little to no oil in the drivers side can (valve cover to intake), but it was nice to know the intake pipe & in that case, turbo, were kept clean. If for some reason I did ever see oil collecting in that can, I knew that was an issue I needed to look into.
yup same here in Raptor no oil ever, the passenger side filled fast. I didnt even bother for the jeep as it seems to be like this on all cars. good point if you see oil in it something def wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Granite, no heat shield with legmaker unless he’s changed it but I think you’re seeing the “rain shield “ which does not separate the filter from the bay

·
Registered
16 Posts
why the filter on top and how do you dump it? looks cool very different?
The Mightymouse cans are the best because they have an integrated PCV valve. When crankcase pressure is in vacuum, valve is closed and crankcase flow goes through catch can and back into the blower. When crankcase pressure is positive (blowby condition) it vents to atmosphere, keeping ring seal optimal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts