Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks - just wondering what color combination people ended up selecting. I remember seeing on HellCat Charger/Challenger forums that some colors like True Blue were very rarely selected, while Black, White, Red, Silver were more common (and of course some of Dodge's more adventurous colors like Plum Crazy). For the record, I selected Granite/Ruby Red/Black Wheels.

I do wish FCA had actually made the colors of the 2 auto show vehicles available (that really shiny/bright Silver, and the more Orange-Red Color). I think both of those colors really looked fantastic.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I agree about the auto show paints, they looked great, really deep and metallicy. I was told by dealers that they were stock colors when I inquired about it, but I didn't believe it.

I went with the ivory tri coat and sepia interior. My first GC SRT8 was red, my current one is black, it's time for a white one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had black for my last several cars. It was so hard for me not to do it black murdered out. I have had a white srt before. I have never had a red one so I went redline 2 with ruby red leather and black wheels . Bloodied. The picture on the jeep website got me. I liked that the two exclusive colors for the trackhawk were redline and rhino. Worst case scenario if I hate the red in person I can get it wrapped in matte black. That would look cool too.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don't get the exclusive colors, they are all available on the srt as well. So what's exclusive to Trackhawk about that? Some of their marketing is not accurate.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Totally agree. I thought the red was the red/orange from the auto show. I then looked at a redline srt for sale on eBay ( I have yet to see one in person where I live) and realized it was the same color as the srt so it's not exclusive. I also believe it's available on a Jeep Compass trailhawk They should have made a couple totally different colors if they wanted it truly exclusive. I do like the fact that it's understated. For instance the new e63 amg has 12 amg badges on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
lol....yeah I saw that article....but since I am OCD about my vehicles, I had to keep the colors matching haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and I ordered the following:

Black exterior
Black leather interior
Black wheels
Red seatbelts

·
Registered
28 Posts
- Bright White
- Black Suede/Nappa Interior
- Black Satin Rims

Looking like this:

Add me to the list, my exact order as well (just like my 2014).

I studied those same pictures you guys reference^^. I think that might actually be the ivory 3 coat, what do you guys think but yea close enough to bright white to get the idea.

I originally ordered mine in granite but after looking at some durangos and minivans in that color i swapped back to white. It was hard for me to order the exact same spec again, but i still love my 14-almost 5 years later so i guess thats a good sign.

My biggest problem with the granite is i loved it sometimes but not others. I love it in the rain, at night, or during overcast clouds. However i didnt really like the brownish hue it got in the sun. I also think grey would show more waterspots than white after rain.

^I wish i was gutsy enough to get all black with red belts cause that sounds amazing, but i just cant bring myself to keeping it clean.

Honestly i wasnt overy happy about any of the colors. What i really wanted was a very dark flat grey. The rhino was a little light and especially under sun it seems to turn blueish. And the blue seems to have a purple hue. My other cars are silver and red so those were no go's. First world problems.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Add me to the list, my exact order as well (just like my 2014).

I studied those same pictures you guys reference^^. I think that might actually be the ivory 3 coat, what do you guys think but yea close enough to bright white to get the idea.

I originally ordered mine in granite but after looking at some durangos and minivans in that color i swapped back to white. It was hard for me to order the exact same spec again, but i still love my 14-almost 5 years later so i guess thats a good sign.

My biggest problem with the granite is i loved it sometimes but not others. I love it in the rain, at night, or during overcast clouds. However i didnt really like the brownish hue it got in the sun. I also think grey would show more waterspots than white after rain.

^I wish i was gutsy enough to get all black with red belts cause that sounds amazing, but i just cant bring myself to keeping it clean.

Honestly i wasnt overy happy about any of the colors. What i really wanted was a very dark flat grey. The rhino was a little light and especially under sun it seems to turn blueish. And the blue seems to have a purple hue. My other cars are silver and red so those were no go's. First world problems.
Yeah they should of did "Destroyer Gray" IMO...... Yeah mine is exactly like my 2014 JGC SRT too, but I am ready to lose that dayum electronic shifter, have upgraded headliner, upgraded black trim instead of chrome, upgraded suede headliner, upgraded performance goodies, and lets not forget the motor....haha

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rhino
Suede/leather
Sunroof
Satin rims

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah they should of did "Destroyer Gray" IMO...... Yeah mine is exactly like my 2014 JGC SRT too, but I am ready to lose that dayum electronic shifter, have upgraded headliner, upgraded black trim instead of chrome, upgraded suede headliner, upgraded performance goodies, and lets not forget the motor....haha
I actually like the electronic shifter, however it will be nice to be able to console shift (unfortunately the direction is different than my other car, that will be weird). I too am looking forward to ditching the chrome trim.

Question. Does anyone know if the headliner is always suede or only with the sunroof option?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Redline 2
Black/Dark Ruby Red leather
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
High Performance Audio
Signature Leather Wrapped Interior Package
Trailer Tow Group IV

·
Registered
52 Posts
Redline 2
Black/Dark Ruby Red leather
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
High Performance Audio
Signature Leather Wrapped Interior Package
Trailer Tow Group IV
nice choice! same as me sans tow package. thought I would save weight but if I could do it again I would add it for resale even though I will never tow w it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually like the electronic shifter, however it will be nice to be able to console shift (unfortunately the direction is different than my other car, that will be weird). I too am looking forward to ditching the chrome trim.

Question. Does anyone know if the headliner is always suede or only with the sunroof option?
The Alcantara headliner only comes with the panoramic moonroof. Seems odd not to include it with the signature leather package IMO, since some people might want to save weight and lower the CoG by skipping the roof but might still want a more luxurious interior.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm interested in getting Hennessey Performance to apply one of their performance packages but they don't do any exterior mods. Always seen the Euro brands doing more than just performance for BMW's, MB's, Audi's, etc. If that was the case here it would play into my color choices from the factory.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Granite Crystal
Black / Black leather

I have a gunmetal colored GTR and like others none of the paints really got me... what happened to those midnight (?) colors I saw at the auto show a couple years back on some GCSRTs? They were sick.

Anyway, I love ADV 10s wheels with gunmetal outside and black matte centers... and figured the almost murdered look will keep me happiest the longest. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts