Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Catch can installed. Simple plug and play install and will be easy to service when needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
  • Added Billet Tech Catch can in "Matte Titanium" color (More underhood dress up on the way).

• Replaced a few of the TrackHawk / 2018 JGC shortcomings...
  • Replaced the horribly light & flimsy Cargo Floor with one from a 2017.
  • Installed Mac Tie Down Runners.
  • Added back in the Rechargeable Flashlight!

My 2018 has the metal bars on the cargo door which I hate as it makes my rubber matt just slide around.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
My 2018 has the metal bars on the cargo door which I hate as it makes my rubber mat just slide around.
Strange, haven't seen a single TrackHawk with the bars, makes me wonder if the dealer swapped the floor out...

Maybe the original was damaged and they ordered the wrong replacement.

One of the early 2018 buyers (on another forum) had mentioned he was disappointed with the floor when he went to pick his up so his dealer let him swap his old floor into his new vehicle before taking delivery. Could definitely see that happening in reverse.

I definitely understand why those with the rubber mats prefer it without the bars. Slides work better for my uses though.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Shadow, please touch base in a few weeks about your thoughts. I’m looking hard at this one and I’ve always loved a V8 Borla sound. I’m hoping for slight changes at idle and throatier sounds at wot. Good luck 🍀 what style tips did you choose?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Shadow, please touch base in a few weeks about your thoughts. I’m looking hard at this one and I’ve always loved a V8 Borla sound. I’m hoping for slight changes at idle and throatier sounds at wot. Good luck 🍀 what style tips did you choose?
For now I kept the factory tips, I love the deep V8 roar that I now have now. I was hesitant at first on installing an exhaust system, but now well worth it. This is the sound it should of had when I picked it up at the dealer. I feel good about this decision. I had nothing but compliments on the road today.

·
Registered
266 Posts
For now I kept the factory tips, I love the deep V8 roar that I now have now. I was hesitant at first on installing an exhaust system, but now well worth it. This is the sound it should of had when I picked it up at the dealer. I feel good about this decision. I had nothing but compliments on the road today.
I'm considering as well as I had Borla on my SRT and loved it. No drone and a great sound. Can you upload a sound clip of the start up and the view from the rear with the factory tips for us?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm considering as well as I had Borla on my SRT and loved it. No drone and a great sound. Can you upload a sound clip of the start up and the view from the rear with the factory tips for us?
Yes, as soon as I get a chance. Sounds great. Factory tips look the same before and after install

·
Registered
277 Posts
Since I got mine 3 weeks ago....

Windows Tinted,
Added Upgraded Drop in Filter
Suitcase Deleted - love the sound right now! so does everyone else lol.... $200 cost and 100% not worth buying a full system for $1600 -- use that $ for something else.
Debadged GC both doors - left the supercharger badge for now.

On Order...
Eibach pro Lowering Springs -- ordered direct from Eibach
Sorona Rear wing... the one on the red jeep first picture ... painting Black to match the lower diffuser.
Painting the grill rings gloss black to get rid of whatever color jeep thought looked good from the factory.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I dont understand why they went that route with that color, what it actually represents and who made that executive decision. Those rings on the grill remove simply, I did my 15 srt with plasti-dip, but want these to match the actual black this time.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Washed It.... Took some pics...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Eibach springs put the rear camber out of spec on the positive side To compensate and improve tread wear, have the alignment Tech put max (Spec) positive Toe-In on the rears.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I washed the Trackhawk and my Golf R today. The Golf is great for running around town doing errands and such. After looking at the photos of my TH today I think I've finally convinced myself that it needs to be lowered. That rear end just sticks up too high in the air in stock form.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
I washed the Trackhawk and my Golf R today. The Golf is great for running around town doing errands and such. After looking at the photos of my TH today I think I've finally convinced myself that it needs to be lowered. That rear end just sticks up too high in the air in stock form.
you will love it lowered. the golf is sitting perfect gotta make the TH match.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Recently got the sides and rear debadged, and also had some tint overlays applied. The tint overlays are from Luxe Auto Concepts. I did light smoke on the third brake light and rear reverse/blinker, and did dark smoke on the rear lower reflectors, side mirror blinkers, and the headlight side reflectors.

Attachments

141 - 160 of 183 Posts