Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
New Lug nuts went with the black gorilla locking nuts. I think they look way better than the silver dodge ones
I did the same thing!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bought it! Waiting for the dealer to call me that it’s ready for pickup. Then I have to get from Long Island to Massachusetts!
Buddy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nobody has done anything to their Trackhawks in 7 months? ;)

I just had my mid muffler replaced with straight pipe. I did the same when I had my Hellcat Challenger and loved it.
It really enhances the driving experience when you can hear that 6.2 rumble.

Ignore the license plate I transferred from my SRT Durango, it will be replaced soon.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Let's hear it rev!
Any downsides to it so far? Droning at constant throttle? Pissed-off neighbors?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Let's hear it rev!
Any downsides to it so far? Droning at constant throttle? Pissed-off neighbors?

The only downside that I have found is if you go to sell it you may have to put the muffler back on. Other than that, I love it. I do not notice any drone running around town or on the highway.
There are a couple loud trucks and a few Harley riders in the neighborhood, so this should not be a problem.

Reactions: Black Track

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
You might be ok still, depends on where you live. I once did a cut out after the cat on my Evo and was harassed numerous times by the fuzz. Idk, I’m not willing to put up with the hassle anymore n I’m over 40 now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You might be ok still, depends on where you live. I once did a cut out after the cat on my Evo and was harassed numerous times by the fuzz. Idk, I’m not willing to put up with the hassle anymore n I’m over 40 now.

I'm pretty sure it is still legal, I just meant that not a lot of people share my enthusiasm for a loud exhaust.
So if I were to sell it, I would probably have the mid muffler welded back in. It would only cost about $150 and your back to stock.

BTW, I haven't heard the term, "the fuzz" used since Starsky and Hutch went off the air. ;)

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Switched out the 315/35ZR20 MPSS's for a new set of 20x10 replicas wrapped in 285/45ZR20 Michelin Sport All Season 4 tires to get me through the next 6 months in Wisconsin.
I went with the Michelin Sport AS4's due to all the great reviews on this new tire.
I have only put a few miles on them but I can already tell a big difference in the ride quality switching from a 35 to a 45 sidewall height. It is amazing how much approx. .7 increase in sidewall height can make.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do those replicas (I'm guessing they're RW) seem to be well made, as in nicely machined and such?
I'm thinking of doing the same thing for winter use.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do those replicas (I'm guessing they're RW) seem to be well made, as in nicely machined and such?
I'm thinking of doing the same thing for winter use.
I purchased these wheels off eBay and they are made by Performance Replicas. The wheels have a 2 year warranty on the finish and lifetime on the structure, but they are made in China.
I have had them above 100+ mph and no vibrations or issues.

Reactions: Jimmy N.
161 - 180 of 183 Posts