Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got a very basic truck. Looks like I’ll be putting some miles on my car till I get my Jeep back.
Got this believe it or not when the dealer replaced my back glass when it had a scratch on delivery lol

Needs more balls.... but was interesting to drive

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got a very basic truck. Looks like I’ll be putting some miles on my car till I get my Jeep back.
Got this believe it or not when the dealer replaced my back glass when it had a scratch on delivery lol

Needs more balls.... but was interesting to drive

Which glass was scratched ? The dealer just replaced my drivers side rear storage area glass. It had like a 6 inch scratch in the tint, looks like it could of happened when they put the cargo/storage area shade cover in. No quality control on the assembly line.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also got a very basic Ram 1500 when they replaced my TH's leather wrapped dashboard. That is easily one of the least enjoyable driving experiences I have had. The dial transmission shifter is also pretty lame.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Which glass was scratched ? The dealer just replaced my drivers side rear storage area glass. It had like a 6 inch scratch in the tint, looks like it could of happened when they put the cargo/storage area shade cover in. No quality control on the assembly line.
It was the rear hatch glass. Like a 24 plus inches long.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've never owned an American car before, but I was under the impression that most of them don't do loaners. Will they come pick up your car and leave you a loaner for routine maintenance? Or are loaners only for factory defects or major repairs? My current other cars (and last few) are a BMW and Porsche, which both provide pretty good customer service. I was prepared to suffer in a crappy waiting area for the Trackhawk's first oil change.

·
Super Moderator
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I doubt you’re truly prepared for how crappy FCA is. If your jeep is in for warranty work, you get an Enterprise rental (has to be Dodge/jeep/Chrysler).

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got a free very basic stripped 2020 cherokee (not GC) loaner today because in addition to my 24k service, my TH went in for the fob and floormat recalls. Nice and clean, only 5,000mi on it. Cant complain.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey, I saw you mentioned in a few places that you had your dashboard replaced. I think I need to have mine replaced. The leather seems to be separating from the plastic and it looks like there is an air bubble underneath. Do you mind if I ask what your issue was and if it was covered under warranty (and how long it took to get in and replaced)?
The issue with my dashboard was that it arrived from the factory with scuffing and/or cracking in a few places. My leather steering wheel airbag cover also had the same problem. I brought those issues to the attention of my dealership and they had me take pictures which they then sent to FCA. FCA covered these issues under warranty. From my records it appears as though the replacement dashboard took 16 calendar days to get in and I think the dealership had my vehicle for about 4-5 hours to do the work (I'm not sure exactly how long it took them). Let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
965 Posts
I am taking my TH in today for fuel pump. the lady said they have cars but all are out and they dont know when they will be back lol. I guess thats what happens when I pick the small dealer service department to fix my junk.
I am hoping the warranty the fuel pump, I cant see why they wont I am modded but nothing to make the pump work different?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am taking my TH in today for fuel pump. the lady said they have cars but all are out and they dont know when they will be back lol. I guess thats what happens when I pick the small dealer service department to fix my junk.
I am hoping the warranty the fuel pump, I cant see why they wont I am modded but nothing to make the pump work different?

I'm in the same boat, told me the same thing. After waiting several weeks, I told them to just get mine in there to get fixed. It needs the passenger side fender molding replaced and painted from the adhesive lifting on the front edge, a new cat back exhaust because this one can't get the tips aligned properly/straight, something is off and a lower molding on the rear side glass that won't hold down flat to the body properly.

·
Super Moderator
965 Posts
I'm in the same boat, told me the same thing. After waiting several weeks, I told them to just get mine in there to get fixed. It needs the passenger side fender molding replaced and painted from the adhesive lifting on the front edge, a new cat back exhaust because this one can't get the tips aligned properly/straight, something is off and a lower molding on the rear side glass that won't hold down flat to the body properly.
that seems like a lot more work then I need. they really should get you a car. let you take a demo or something.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got a Wrangler JK unlimited Sahara for an oil change that I didn’t want to wait for. It was scheduled ahead of time and I talked w the service manager ahead of time about previous disasters w other brands so he treated me w excellent service.

The Wrangler was fine but you have to go in with the understanding that nothing they sell or can give you will be even close to your awesome vehicle.

At least my experience w the Wrangler confirmed that while I like the way they look I wouldn’t own one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
965 Posts
Wonder if I should just go to the other Jeep dealer near me?
I am not comfortable with the other dealer near me so I had my buddy pick me up yesterday and hopefully drop me off today lol big pain in the ass as its 40 min away but the piece of mind is worth it to me.
So if you trust the other dealer why not? if you are not 100% with them is it worth it to you? I have company car and other personal cars I can drive so not a huge deal to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts