Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents,
I'm Steve from the western suburbs of Chicago (North Aurora). I'll be ready to buy a TH by late November/early December. I have a dealership literally in my backyard asking me what specifics I'm looking for so they can track something down. I'm not opposed to building a '19, but would like to have this deal done by year end. Also looking for some savings on a well spec'd '18 at a discount.

My question is, what are options you folks love and can't live without? I've already said I'd like the factory tow package with hitch installed, upgraded H/K sound, upgraded black satin wheels, rear entertainment center, NO red interior... That's about it. I took some time of the car game to build a business, but now that that's on autopilot, I'm ready to get back in a TH. I'm not new to the SRT community, but have zero seat time in a TH.

Am I realistic thinking I can snag a new '18 in the high 70's or low 80's in December or should I wait until early next year when '19's hit the floor? Thanks for your answers, looking forward to contributing to the community!

·
Registered
695 Posts
You should be able to pick up any ‘18 at or under dealer invoice by a couple percent or so. Waiting it out...well who knows what happens with the stale inventory at a later date.

Options are your call, but I ordered mine with the tow package even though I’ll probably never use it simply for its resale value. Last I checked there’s never been a factory 707 hp SUV before, so not spec’ing out the tow package wasn’t even a consideration for me.

The Sepia is the best interior color IMO, and you don’t even need to pay extra for it.

I agree about the wheels, the black ones are mandatory, the stock ones are horrible looking.

Good luck with your search.

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
I love the Rhino color and hear it won’t be offered in 19. I love the leather, it’s so soft compared to my last jeep, it is kinda pricey though. The HK sound is by far the best stereo that’s ever come stock in any of my vehicles. Tow package is good because it comes with a spare.

I didn’t want a sunroof because they only had the panoramic and I’m not a fan and skipped the rear entertainment because you lose most of the storage in your center console. I optioned the summer tires but I’m not seeing any difference in times from other guys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the Rhino color and hear it won’t be offered in 19. I love the leather, it’s so soft compared to my last jeep, it is kinda pricey though. The HK sound is by far the best stereo that’s ever come stock in any of my vehicles. Tow package is good because it comes with a spare.

I didn’t want a sunroof because they only had the panoramic and I’m not a fan and skipped the rear entertainment because you lose most of the storage in your center console. I optioned the summer tires but I’m not seeing any difference in times from other guys.
LOVE the Rhino color too, but tough to find one now. I could live with or without the sunroof too. My wife's RR pano stays closed 99% of the time. Thx for the info on the rear entertainment, had no idea everything's housed in the console. Was just thinking about my 9 year old daughter when she's back there, I can just get her a tablet or something.

****, the Sepia interior is awesome, just looked it up. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Steve,
I have been lurking for awhile as well, and currently I can look out my window at a dealership ;) As others have mentioned, options are a personal pref. I am not sure how much more discount we will see over the next 60 to 90 days (as there are many variables). I believe there are no changes to the '19s, but I could be wrong. Based on what you currently are thinking of as options, you would be looking at MSRP of around *86K ( I have seen different Base prices) plus $995 for the tow package, upgraded audio of $1,995, wheels $995, and rear DVD of $1995, plus destination charge of ~$1,500m which puts you at ~$93,480. I would think that should you find one with this spec, you might be able to get for
$80k to $82K, give or take a bit. I have not seen too many that do not have the panno roof (which is 2K), nor have I seen many with the rear DVD. Good luck!
Charles

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Steve,
I have been lurking for awhile as well, and currently I can look out my window at a dealership ;) As others have mentioned, options are a personal pref. I am not sure how much more discount we will see over the next 60 to 90 days (as there are many variables). I believe there are no changes to the '19s, but I could be wrong. Based on what you currently are thinking of as options, you would be looking at MSRP of around *86K ( I have seen different Base prices) plus $995 for the tow package, upgraded audio of $1,995, wheels $995, and rear DVD of $1995, plus destination charge of ~$1,500m which puts you at ~$93,480. I would think that should you find one with this spec, you might be able to get for
$80k to $82K, give or take a bit. I have not seen too many that do not have the panno roof (which is 2K), nor have I seen many with the rear DVD. Good luck!
Charles
Thanks Charles, we're thinking along the same lines. I guess these things are spec'd out pretty well, just looking for insight as to one or two not-so-common items that these owners really love that are commonly overlooked that I might miss. Seems I'm headed down the right path. I emailed my dealer, skipped the rear entertainment, added Sepia and kept upgraded H/K and tow package. Now they just have to find it. Thanks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Steve,
There is one near me in Ivry that has what you want but with the panno roof...
That’s what I’ve got and I love it! Ivory tri-coat, pano roof, Sepia interior, tow package and black wheels with 3 season tires. I think one of the whites is the best exterior color if you’re going with the Sepia interior. I used to have black/black SRT8’s, the change was needed for me. I really like the color combo on mine. Go check out the ivory tri-coat (under the sun) and Sepia interior in person before making your final decision though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s what I’ve got and I love it! Ivory tri-coat, pano roof, Sepia interior, tow package and black wheels with 3 season tires. I think one of the whites is the best exterior color if you’re going with the Sepia interior. I used to have black/black SRT8’s, the change was needed for me. I really like the color combo on mine. Go check out the ivory tri-coat (under the sun) and Sepia interior in person before making your final decision though.
That's my second choice, just how you have it. I've installed 1000's of clearbras on white vehicles in my previous life and they never fared well on white vehicles. That's pretty much the only thing holding me back on white. I'll probably wrap most of the front end and don't want UV discoloration in a couple years. PPF has come a long way since then so I still have some research to do, but when I just looked up your color combo, it indeed looks top-notch! Thanks for putting doubts in my head again on the black, lol.

·
Registered
695 Posts
That's my second choice, just how you have it. I've installed 1000's of clearbras on white vehicles in my previous life and they never fared well on white vehicles. That's pretty much the only thing holding me back on white. I'll probably wrap most of the front end and don't want UV discoloration in a couple years. PPF has come a long way since then so I still have some research to do, but when I just looked up your color combo, it indeed looks top-notch! Thanks for putting doubts in my head again on the black, lol.
I wouldn’t pick away from a desired color simply due to film issues. Maybe just don’t spend all that extra money wrapping it, I didn’t it wrap mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Rhino color and love it. I had the front and partial sides wrapped and then did the ceramic coating. WOW!!! is all I can say..
One thing to remember is if you plan on trading it in a couple years you won't get your money back on it. I don't keep my vehicles longer than 2 years so I always look on NADA to see what options are add on when trading it or selling it yourself. I got screwed on my 16 GC SRT when I sold it because the bank would only give the guy so much money..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts