Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
I’m 600 or so miles in and I’ve got a few hates...

I’ve filled it up 3 times now, and everytime I’ve filled it up I’ve had to stand there and hold the gas lever myself. For some reason the lock that holds the gas nozzle open to auto fill it, does NOT work on my Trackhawk. Everytime I lock it and take my hand off, it comes unlocked right away. And I’ve filled up at 3 different gas stations, the only common denominator is the Trackhawk. I don’t get it, I didn’t have this problem with my SRT8, nor any other vehicle. Has anyone else had this problem?

I also really dislike that the back hatch doesn’t automatically close when you lock the car. When you walk away and lock the car, the back hatch should automatically close at the same time. How useless is it to have locked doors if your back hatch is wide open. It’s annoying having to use both buttons when you’ve got your hands full with what you’ve just removed from the car.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Only had mine less than 12 hours... traded in my '15 SRT GC, so I'm familiar with the platform.

Only dislike is the 180^ speedo on the left of the gauge cluster. Completely _worthless_. Thankfully, navigating the center gauge to get a digital speedo readout in the center of the tach (which is nicely done) was easy and allows an ability to quickly and easily monitor speed. :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
+1 on the useless left-side speedometer. That space would've been better served by substituting a couple of the gauges out of the Perf Pages.

·
Registered
412 Posts
+1 on the useless left-side speedometer. That space would've been better served by substituting a couple of the gauges out of the Perf Pages.
Yep... I know it is nit-picking a little on a vehicle this cool. But I think a 90^ sweep boost gauge and a 90^ voltage gauge would have been pretty easy. However, I wouldn't be surprised if having the speedo in a prominent position on the dash _somewhere_ is required by law... and given that is quite possibly the case, I am glad they put the tach in the center with the ability to put a digital speedo readout in the center of that. Admittedly, in my SRT, with the tach on the far left, I didn't look at it too much either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, the Aussie model has auto folding mirrors and adaptive headlights. I also bought some Hellcat badges off eBay for $20 and they look great on the doors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Traded in a 2017 SRT for the trackhawk

Only thing I miss so far are the fog lights. The extra light was nice. Or maybe I’m just out driving the headlights because-trackhawk!

Hope to be able to use my tazer to stop the drl from dipping with the turn signals. I ordered the work around just need to locate the box to tap into

Otherwise this thing is insane. I love it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey JMS935.

I had the same problem since I took delivery. Living in New Hampshire during the winter made fill ups even more fun. Finally had the service department diagnos the problem and
FCA did have a fix for the problem. They replaced the baffles in the fuel filler neck and the problem goes away. Covered under warranty, and only takes about 1 hour to get the
problem resolved.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hey JMS935.

I had the same problem since I took delivery. Living in New Hampshire during the winter made fill ups even more fun. Finally had the service department diagnos the problem and
FCA did have a fix for the problem. They replaced the baffles in the fuel filler neck and the problem goes away. Covered under warranty, and only takes about 1 hour to get the
problem resolved.
Thank you for the info. I’ll have that addressed next time I bring the TH to the dealer, I’ve just gotten used to turning the nozzle upside down and leaning it against the fuel door. Sometimes it stays locked in that position.

·
Super Moderator
2,065 Posts
Holy crap!! You go though that EVERY time you fill up??? With this thing, that’s every few days. I’ve had a few pumps give me issues but ****. Yeah, that’s great info. For sure get that replaced.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Holy crap!! You go though that EVERY time you fill up??? With this thing, that’s every few days. I’ve had a few pumps give me issues but ****. Yeah, that’s great info. For sure get that replaced.
Yep, it’s a nuisance for sure. Maybe I’ll trade it in for a Model X so I don’t have to fill it up, just plug it in instead. I bet I wouldn’t have to hold the plug in the d^mn Tesla all night.

·
Registered
594 Posts
JMS935: Yeah on the Tesla, but you'd be hopelessly shopping the aftermarket for an exhaust system that'd make it sound...like anything at all.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just hit one year of ownership. I love this thing as much as I did the first day I drove it home. I've been driving/modding/racing cars for nearly 30 years...and I _never_ once thought I would enjoy an SUV. We never had minivans when our kids were little, but my wife drove SUVs (Expedition, Trailblazer SS, Yukon Denali) when my kids were young and into their early teen years before they could drive. They were all very "ho-hum" to me, but I was thankful for them because those vehicles allowed me to keep my sports cars. :)

Always have had a "work truck" vehicle for my business... several SVT Lightnings, and a Ram SRT-10 (and I used the bed to haul my stuff aruond... it did fine, contrary to popular opinion). Decided to try an SRT Jeep, and loved my '15 enough to trade up to a TH.

Now the sports cars sit in the garage a _lot_ more than they used to. Seriously... this thing is so much fun to drive and a very "engaging" vehicle in the driving experience; very much the antithesis of what I've always thought about SUVs. It certanly can't rip through turns and sweepers like the 2-seat sports cars, but those are RWD and even with more power, they are _work_ to get 0-60 in the low-3s. This thing up and goes, rides in comfort, hauls people, hauls "stuff", looks good, etc. I can see driving this thing to 100k miles. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,306 Posts
My Dislikes are
needs more storage (doors are a joke cant fit my hand in there) glove box i cant fit more then one thing (Blue ray player in there)
heads up display
folding mirrors (not really needed but a few times i have wanted them to fold
body panel fitment WOW for a 100K SUV they slipped on that part.
would of loved the switchable tune like the Demon

All of that goes away when i punch the gas and fly down the road honestly that makes everything better. When my boss talks smack about me spending so much money on a lil SUV then I destroyed his 2018 Z06 that look on his face was priceless and I will never forget lmao
to me I dont fit in cars this is the ultimate sports car. I did the math on a Escalade with magnuson big brakes etc etc and the Jeep was still faster and no wait time to build it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
love- Valet mode, the noises it makes, the attention it doesn't get.

Hate- QC. misaligned body panels, fueling issues, road noise, the seat(obviously meant for a fatty) and the titanium colored exterior plastic bits.

·
Registered
412 Posts
love- Valet mode, the noises it makes, the attention it doesn't get.

Hate- QC. misaligned body panels, fueling issues, road noise, the seat(obviously meant for a fatty) and the titanium colored exterior plastic bits.
I'm 5'7 / 160 and I like how the seat fits me, but I guess you're right for hard cornering... it isn't going to hold the driver too well.

Agree on body panel alignment not being great. My '15 SRT GC had better fit and finish with some of the fender flares, no doubt. :(

21 - 40 of 60 Posts