Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,306 Posts
You have it..Eco Mode works the same way.
Ive never used the ECO button and pretty sure its there just to make the tree hugers happy.
I want the race tune button where it will not let the tune switch over if the octane isnt reading correct. I think that is super cool and wonder how many people would want that if it was a option? Id pay a few thousand for it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ive never used the ECO button and pretty sure its there just to make the tree hugers happy.
I want the race tune button where it will not let the tune switch over if the octane isnt reading correct. I think that is super cool and wonder how many people would want that if it was a option? Id pay a few thousand for it
Eco detunes the engine to a 500HP tune and tunes the transmission acordingly.

Just like the dealer added button for the Demon for Race Gas., all the software is in the PCM it just takes a good tuner to unlock it. Curt at Dusterhoff tuning is doing it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm 5'7 / 160 and I like how the seat fits me, but I guess you're right for hard cornering... it isn't going to hold the driver too well.

Agree on body panel alignment not being great. My '15 SRT GC had better fit and finish with some of the fender flares, no doubt. :(

im a little bit bigger than you and and broad (presses and skwatts), but with the base seats that are in mine (the pleather and alcantara) I get thrown all around that front seat. I think the laguna seats are tighter, the one I sat in seemed so but I didn't go drive it hard so. hard to tell.

\One of my fender flares needs to be redone, its lifting in the middle. getting more and more noticeable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't think I can categorize anything as a true hate with this vehicle. Just hearing the supercharger and exhaust while feeling 707 hp erases "hate". Anyway, I am coming from a 2015 m5 competition. The trackhawk blows the m5 away performance wise. I do definitely miss the heads up display. I believe that should be standard equipment on any vehicle with the kind of power we have. I have noticed just about every single miss already discussed, but the HUD is really the only big one for me. Just a gripe about manufacturers in general - if you have a top of the line performance vehicle that does not have a feature that a standard vehicle from same manufacturer has - well that could be an issue (power folding mirrors). Is this a deal breaker - no - but for this price tag...

Anyway - again - nothing keeping me from purchasing this beast all over again!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anyway, I am coming from a 2015 m5 competition. The trackhawk blows the m5 away performance wise.

Wow, that is high praise. Granted, I don't keep up with the Beemers, but I know the '18 M5 is a twin turbo beast that runs 0-60 in 2.9-3.0, right? Or something like that. My brother bought a slightly used X5M that has the M5 TT engine, and he loves the thing. It isn't as fast as a stock TH, but I'm sure the M5 sedan is nuts.

Anyway... glad to read your summary.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Love everything about it as others have mentioned. Two issues that were a big miss for a vehicle in this price segment, automatic folding mirrors and 360 camera view for parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, that is high praise. Granted, I don't keep up with the Beemers, but I know the '18 M5 is a twin turbo beast that runs 0-60 in 2.9-3.0, right? Or something like that. My brother bought a slightly used X5M that has the M5 TT engine, and he loves the thing. It isn't as fast as a stock TH, but I'm sure the M5 sedan is nuts.

Anyway... glad to read your summary.
Granted, my 15 m5 did not have all wheel drive which is the biggest asset of the TH over the M5. But...bmw has fallen off in my opinion, even with the new m5's with all wheel drive. Definitely not trashing the beemer line by any means - but the TH still takes first place in my opinion.

The other advantage bmw has over mercedes, audi, etc. is the ability to code the vehicle with many options. Love the fact that the TH has coding options, granted still new to this vehicle but even the little things like drl drop with blinker is nice. Looking forward to additional coding options as well. That's what I love about these types of forums - sharing. When it comes to coding, sharing is the lifeline!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love everything about it except for the gallons per mile.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Top 3 things I like about the TH:

1. Power
2. Comfort (optional interior)
3. Did I mention power?

Top 3 things I dislike:

1. Yellow calipers.
2. No storage/door pockets to narrow.
3. Looks like an SRT..no hood scoop.

·
Registered
580 Posts
My only dislike, and I hate calling it a dislike, it is more of a “wantL....

I fold the rear seats up and down almost daily. I wish they were power folding, with a button from rear hatch to move them
Up/down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Okay here is something nit picky that should be in a race vehicle. At least 3 memory seat settings. 1. for daily driving, 2. spouse, 3. track config. Need to adjust for helmet and road racing needs to be more upright and closer to reach steering wheel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is only one thing I dislike (OK, maybe the fuel consumption as well): The brakes. Brake performance is really bad in my opinion, especially compared to the competition (AMG, Porsche).
To my defence, I am using my Trackhawk on the Autobahn (here in Germany) and braking from higher speeds can be, sometimes, tricky.
I know that Jeep advertises the "huge" brake on the Trackhawk but compared to the ceramic brake system used for the Porsche Cayenne or Lamborghini Urus, both are much lighter than the Trackhawk, the Trackhawk brake is a joke, especially considering the weight of the Trackhawk. Brembo has better brake systems in their portfolio, I think Jeep should have gone with a more advanced option here.

Otherwise, I love my truck. I really do. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
More aggressive pads help significantly. I hated stock pad braking, particularly north of 100 mph (160kph).

likes for me;
Power, acceleration, power, and power
Sounds (HK upgrade, exhaust, intake, etc)
Dual personality (docile at light throttle, mad man under power)
Relative stealth ($100k truck)
Comfort

Dislikes:
Stock brakes
Paint quality
Shitty dealer service
Stock non active HIDs and lack of LED bulbs in the rear and inside
No HUD
Interior quality for the $

Love the truck. Not sure what will replace it as a DD when the time comes... already worried. Lol

·
Registered
285 Posts
I really like that it looks much like a regular Grand Cherokee. Very fun little car to drive.
Those yellow calipers, not so much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dislikes:
No HUD
No folding mirrors
Yellow calipers
FCA just sucks
Run flat tires
Build quality for 100K vehicle
That's just off the top of my head for now

·
Registered
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
35 Posts
Love everything about the TH specially for what it costs. I have seen plenty of GLE amg’s and X5 M’s diesel & gas, with plenty of problems from factory, including fitment, loose wheels, huge wear when driven as we drive the TH, and when things go sour it costs an unjustifiable sum of money.

The EU version has foldable mirrors & directional headlights. I don’t know how much FCA sucks or the actual user interface/dealers suck. I have had to change 4 dealers till i found the right people to work with.

TH-72,500€ + VAT( which is written off being a company car) took awh till i found what i was looking for.
GLE 63AMG+ - starting 154,000€(With options similar to TH) +VAT
X5M- 135,000€( options similar to TH)+ VAT. X5M50d- 125,000€
Prices are for 0 mile suvs

so basically for 1/2-2/3 of the price i get an SUV that shits on all of above, and have extra cash to update power to 1000-1200hp and then add whatever conviences i may need. After reaching the price point of European power SUV the TH becomes a weapon that really has no rival at that PRICE point.

things i would/will change:
Better bolster seats
Add a cruising70-95mph engine map for better mileage
Brakes- i love the twisties
Rear sway bar

·
Registered
68 Posts
Love mostly everything! It's quite the step forward from the 2007 Jeep SRT8 I had way back when...

Dislikes:
  • Pretty severe brake fade under hard braking conditions
  • The same need to flip the fueling hose over when getting fuel, or else it stops at the $2.00 mark lol
  • The tachometer display really lags behind the actual engine RPMs, requiring you to shift very, very early or you'll hit the limiter in lower gears when using the paddle shifters (like on the track)
  • It's a little bit of a PITA having to swap out the 3-season tires with winter tires every year, but if you live in a cold area, you'll need to do that with any car running 3-seasons

·
Registered
11 Posts
PROs / Advantages: (12 + tons more) *

-1-
Exclusivity and distinction at the highest level especially in Europe, very few
units: there are more Lamborghini Urus, Bentaygas, Maseratis Levante Trofeo V8,
Cayenne, G-Class AMG, Range Rover Supercharged V8 and possibly Rolls Cullinan
(which is another segment) than Jeeps TrackHawk

-2-
Overwhelming aesthetics without attracting attention except at the right point: how it happens to them
the Range Rovers, the more powerful versions (both supercharged) are not
aesthetically differ greatly from the diesel and less equipped versions, except
for connoisseurs, which makes it easier to go unnoticed if you want, that he does not sing
park, not be so careful to watch it as a very striking car and be able to
park it quietly as well as drive without each car trying to measure or
compete as if it were a race and how it happens to models excessively
flashy such as a Levante, Urus, Cayenne, etc. It also has the “noise
cancelation ”which when pressed stops the engine / exhaust sound

-3-
Engine: petrol V8 supercharged with COMPRESSOR (supercharger) with all the benefits of
an atmospheric n/a (linearity, stretched, push from below, SOUND, reliability) but without
the disadvantages of TURBOs (lag delay, not immediate, makes sound worse, stretches
less) but with a reliability superior to the European ones and with a lot of capacity to
be further enhanced if desired: use of wet cylinder liners, crankshaft
forged steel capable of withstanding 110 bar (normal is 70-90) and shock absorber of
torque capable of climbing up to 13,000 rpm almost like an F1 (despite limited
at almost 6250 rpm, you have a margin to spare), forged pistons and connecting rods and bushings and
high capacity bolts treated with diamond carbon coating, valves
Sodium-filled and alloy steel exhaust for quick cooling, changing
8-speed torque converted (the most reliable and comfortable). It is the same engine as
Ride the legendary Dodge Challenger STR Hellcat, reliable, performance and timeless.

-4-
Not bad off-road capabilities as a great off-road in spite of their structure: ground clearance, ride
some more than capable 45 profile tires for 295 width, good heights of
entry-exit and ventral angle like a good Jeep but also a traction system
Quadra-Track SRT / Quadra-Drive II and ELSD (limited slip differential):
it has also broken the record in Siberia's Lake Baikal for being the fastest SUV / TT
on ice, which ensures that in the field, snow, ice, dirt, mud ... it will be better
than its rivals (always with a minimum, M + S Mud + Snow = Mud + Snow tires).
It is also the one with the most tradition and history among rivals (Cayenne, Urus, Levante)

-5-
Highest level and advanced safety: forward collision warning and active braking
automatic, 7 huge airbags with different speeds depending on the extent of impact

-6-
Possibilities of customization and empowerment, preparation or off-road
infinite: being a legendary American model (Grand Cherokee model) it has a
huge after-sales offer of all kinds of accessories and historical preparers for
Jeep in case you want to give it more capable off-road.

-7-
Low maintenance costs for what you offer: many of your parts - in
special those that are not engine - it shares them with the rest of the models, which prevents
the brand to market the parts at a gold price (as in Ferrari, Aston
Martin, Lamborghini, Bentley) because with common to the other Grand Cherokee WK2.
It allows possible conversion to LPG in the future due to its easy indirect injection (and with
this obtain ECO label for driving into the center of the biggest cities with no parking neccesary)

-8-
Versatility and practicality: big cargo space, comfortable 5 people, trunk
giant inside and adequate outside 4.84m in length and 1.95m width (fits in
any European garage parking, any street, etc). For the city, the country, the beach,
travel, circuit, shopping, daily use ... it is excellent in everything stage. It also has a
enormous load capacity and towing, with a specific program for this

-9-
Luxury and options, fully equipped without missing anything. For example: Leather
LAGUNA "nappa" throughout the cabin. SELF-ADJUSTABLE bucket seats
automatically based on speed to maximize comfort when going to beats
normal and maximize safety when racing, Brembo brakes and control
absolute engine and traction with Select-Track, all systems assisted by
driving possible (BLISS, parallel and perpendicular parking, ParkSense),
Automatic SOS, rear camera, keyless, 19 H&K speakers, 2 subwoofers, valet mode
that "layer" the car so that the valet does not run with him even wanting

-10-
Unsurpassed engine sound (intake and exhaust): the high displacement (6,166 cc), the
absence of turbo (use compressor instead, more advantageous) and the V8 with crankshaft type
cross-plane brings the characteristic bubbling of an American V8. Most of their
rivals have lower displacement settings (3.8 liters, 4 liters, 4.4 liters)
that they combine with turbos (a little more efficiency but at the cost of lag, worse sound and no
push neither down nor up). The only one similar for displacement and compressor, is the
Range Rover 5.0 supercharged, which is still 1,200 cc less and 150 hp less.
What do you want discretion, silence or family trip? It has a “noise
cancellation ”that silences it to the maximum by filtering almost all sound.
Anyway, the exhaust sound can be increased with several after market exhaoust or a straight pipe.

-11-
You only need 95 RON Euro (91 octane USA) gasoline: Like a good American V8 engine (and turbo/super/charged) and for
Its 9.5:1 compression ratio is designed with greater tolerances in terms of
fuel qualities, so you don't need 98 RON EURO (93 octane USA) unless you modify the car for getting the max power.
While many European models require using 98 RON EURO (93 octane USA) which is not available in many gas stations), to avoid rod knock detonations

-12-
More advanced "Launch Control", does the 0-100 in 3.5 seconds and the quarter mile
in 11.6 sec (faster than Urus, Levante Trofeo, Rover Sport SVR, Cayenne Turbo S),
that allows to have the maximum boost pressure and filling of the
intake manifolds immediately by opening the by-pass valve
compressor (supercharger)

* CONTRAs / Disadvantages (only 4)

I-
Low gas autonomy if you do long trips, especially in the city

II-
High fuel cost per distance traveled

III-
Higher insurance, maintenance and breakdown costs than a Jeep with another engine

IV-
As a high-performance car with enormous power, it will often cause other vehicles with drivers who know the Jeep model, to want to compete, measure themselves or race against you while driving or leaving each traffic light, it is not frequent since this car is not very striking but it will happen sometime and it can be annoying if you go with the family or quiet. This is common and much more frecuent if you are driving other similar cars as Urus, Cayenne, Levante...

Reactions: Black Track
41 - 60 of 60 Posts