Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nice his & hers vehicles. Which is quicker?

Some of what's in my garage...
2020 Ferrari 812 Superfast
2017 Ferrari 488 GTB
2020 BMW Alpina B7
2018 Trackhawk
and several '60s muscle cars.

I live in SoCal, so I can enjoy them year-round...except on rainy days of course.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

2017 Ferrari 488 GTB
2020 BMW Alpina B7
2018 Trackhawk

I live in SoCal, so I can enjoy them year-round...except on rainy days of course.
Oh my god what do you do for work? Also we have not raced yet because Upstate NY is winterland. Love Ferrari. What are those 60s muscle cars?!?!!?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm an old retired guy. Spending my life's savings on great fast cars before the gov't makes us all drive electric pods.

Muscle cars include a '68 Shelby and a '66 Corvette 427. Just sold a '66 Jaguar XKE to help buy the 2020 Ferrari.

Work hard, save your $$ and buy cool sh*t. That's served me pretty well. Sounds like you're on your way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm an old retired guy. Spending my life's savings on great fast cars before the gov't makes us all drive electric pods.

Muscle cars include a '68 Shelby and a '66 Corvette 427. Just sold a '66 Jaguar XKE to help buy the 2020 Ferrari.

Work hard, save your $$ and buy cool sh*t. That's served me pretty well. Sounds like you're on your way.
Respect. Go you and I am trying. I want to build and grow in a lot of ways. I want these things not because they're cool or fast, well yes, but mainly because it brings my family together and you make new friends through the car or even bike life. My son eats this up too. I grew up into cars. My dad still has his 81 stingray and my bf has gone through a few to say the least lol. I agree with that electric pod comment too. Our world is so screwy and it makes me sick. I imagine its worse for anyone older than me!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! Was a little nervous when I ordered it, but when I saw it in person I was pretty happy with it. Love the 1LE. Great car!
Shelby are sexy. Definitely good choice on color. I have not seen it before now. zl1 is the bf but love the car too.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts

2017 Ferrari 488 GTB
2020 BMW Alpina B7
2018 Trackhawk

Dont get me wrong Ferrari is sick but Lets see the 60s muscle cars? what yea got? please post pics

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts

ops I see you replied already lol still post a pics

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Two of my favorite tire-burners...1968 Shelby GT500KR and Kirkham Cobra.
Both with aluminum 427s.
View attachment 8940
427s in both? are you just keeping it simple by saying thaat? or is there really a 427 in the KR? Thats a 150K plus car if you have the 428 Cobra jet in there. personally that number matching original car stuff dont bother me I would take a better motor over number matching anyday,lol
Both bad ass thanks for sharing

·
Registered
591 Posts
You know your engines, Rocket. Yes, both cars have aluminum 427s. The KR is stroked to 468. The Cobra is stroked to 482.

Both run strong. In the Cobra, you can't get fully on the gas until 4th gear...massive wheelspin.

A short-wheelbase car with giant power, and no safety technology or anti-lock or stability stuff to save your ass if you screw up.

It's very raw, and demands all of your attention, all of the time. I love it!

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
You know your engines, Rocket. Yes, both cars have aluminum 427s. The KR is stroked to 468. The Cobra is stroked to 482.

Both run strong. In the Cobra, you can't get fully on the gas until 4th gear...massive wheelspin.

A short-wheelbase car with giant power, and no safety technology or anti-lock or stability stuff to save your ass if you screw up.

It's very raw, and demands all of your attention, all of the time. I love it!
I love old cars. your Ferraris are super cool also but just something about 60s cars i love. dont get me started on 50s with all the wings and space ship designs lol.
I can imagine the cobra is scary. you on freeway and stab it and still get sideways lol no traction control so air bags nothing. lol actually thats pretty bad ass.
again thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I dig your bubble top Chevy too. Never owned one of those, but have had my share of '60s muscle.

I agree with you about rather having a great engine in an old car than just having a numbers-matching but lower performing motor.

I feel sorry for the people who "don't get it" about old cars. They don't know what they're missing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In a previous life I had a nice Mopar collection. 66 SuperBee Hemi that had 700 original miles, an original 70 Hemicuda in burnt orange and the build sheet was there, under the back seat...restored 66 Hemi Coronet. I sold them because I moved, but holy **** what fun. I shared a storage space with a dude who loves B bodies, and had a real Chuck Barris car. I love how Chrysler has returned to it's roots. I will try to resurrect my pic hosting **** site and get some up here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts