Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the rear windows are tinted at and should I match that or would it be too dark? I want it to look great but also be able to see ok at night.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don’t think it’s too dark, though that depends on a couple of factors. The first is personal preference, and the other are your state laws since it’s dark enough to get ticketed for. I don’t recall the exact percentage, but any tint shop will be able to match it. I just dropped mine off and told em to match the front to the rear, it looks great.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Does anyone know what the rear windows are tinted at and should I match that or would it be too dark? I want it to look great but also be able to see ok at night.
They are around 18-20%. I tell my tint shop to match them as closely as they can and they look great. I run 20% all the way around including the windshield and 5% on the tailgate glass and I have zero issues at night.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Too dark or not depends on your age ... lol

I used to scoff at the idea that my 5% tint was too dark when I was younger but now I find myself rolling down the drivers side window to make a left at night on a no light street.

I believe I run 20% on the front doors now with this truck, which is a very close match to back, maybe a shade lighter.

·
Registered
267 Posts
ok so now for the actual information.....

fronts come 70% from factory (we measured at the tint shop) , rears, sunroof, and tailgate 20. so if you want to match do a ceramic black 30 % on the front and it will match the backs. .7 x .3= .21

in my state 35 is the legal max on front window so I did a ceramic 40 over the fronts to keep it "nearly" legal and then threw additional 20 0n everything else to make it 4% or limo tint. also makes the front windows look lighter by comparison from outside which is good, to LEO eyes. also did a 5 % 6" windshield visor tint. very dark but can still see traffic lights etc.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got mine done around 20% to match the factory rear. I will say that the night visibilty is a lil worse than without.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts