Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, for a change of pace, let's talk mpg. Yeah, it's crappy 98% of the time, but if I take it easy on the highway, I've found that I can eke out a fairly respectable mpg (for a 707 hp engine in a 5400 pound vehicle, that is.)

I recently hit my best of 16.4 mpg on a 100 mile trip comprised of 90% freeway, at 75-80 mph. The rest of that trip was on city streets and typical traffic. See photo.

What's the best mpg you've gotten on a tank? Anyone seen 17 mpg? 18? More? (I'm referring to a full-tank average mpg, not just a momentary high mpg reading while coasting down a hill.)

The best my 2014 SRT ever got was 17.7 on the highway, so I'm considering my TH's recent 16.4 pretty darn good.

Attachments

Reactions: jimvanpatten

·
Banned
362 Posts
I got low to mid 17's on both my SRT consistently. 90+ % of that was highway driving. When I'd fill them up it would often show the range as 410 to 430.

Now with the TH, I'm seeing about 16 and still 90% highway driving. After a fill-up the best range number I;ve seen was 370 (I think), since I don't really care much about gas mileage.

No doubt my gas mileage could be affected by my tendency to mash the gas a little more often in the TH than I did in the SRT's. >:)>:)>:)

·
Banned
362 Posts
I got low to mid 17's on both my SRT consistently. 90+ % of that was highway driving. When I'd fill them up it would often show the range as 410 to 430.

Now with the TH, I'm seeing about 16 and still 90% highway driving. After a fill-up the best range number I've seen was 370 (I think), since I don't really care much about gas mileage.

No doubt my gas mileage could be affected by my tendency to mash the gas a little more often in the TH than I did in the SRT's. >:)>:)>:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maiden voyage from Flagstaff AZ to So. California

Left Flagstaff going west on I-40 to Barstow CA with a full tank of Arizona 91 Octane Gas.

TH performed beyond expectation.. Locked into cruise control @ 76 MPH with ECO button on, and never once did transmission have to downshift to go over the mountains, that peak at over 7300 feet. Most exciting was achieving 19.2 MPG which dropped to 18.6 MPG in California due lower speeds.

Truly an engineering marvel.....

I LOVE MY TRACKHAWK !:laugh:

What's the best mpg you've gotten on a tank? Anyone seen 17 mpg? 18? More? (I'm referring to a full-tank average mpg, not just a momentary high mpg reading while coasting down a hill.)

The best my 2014 SRT ever got was 17.7 on the highway, so I'm considering my TH's recent 16.4 pretty darn good.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hanksan, that's really impressive mpg. Not that any of us bought a TH for good fuel economy, but it's still interesting to know what it can get if our right foot behaves itself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hanksan, that's really impressive mpg. Not that any of us bought a TH for good fuel economy, but it's still interesting to know what it can get if our right foot behaves itself.
Black Track,

So true and sure I could never achieve that gas mileage again. The trick was to keep me right foot off the pedal at all times. and that was precisely what I did.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump.

Still interested in knowing what you guys are seeing in terms of best-full-tank mpg.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I get 15-17 Driving down from NJ to Florida... Not as good as the summit... but not bad.... Even considering seeing what the little eco button does this trip... And then curious to see what it will be when i hook a trailer up and tow my corvette!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I haven’t averaged double digits yet, and I’m on my 5th tank of gas. And that’s without even doing one launch control yet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just broke ours in going to and from Vegas. Very pleased with the highway mileage as I cruised it between 80 and 85. The pictures shows average miles per gallon since new and the miles per gallon on the current tank of gas coming home. I’m expecting 11 to 12mpg when I do primarily in town driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
How am I getting 9 mpg?!? Wtf. I haven’t even used launch control yet, and this is without resetting it and 900 miles in.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Mainly city, but some highway driving too. I’m at 8.9 mpg, and going through gas like it’s going out of style.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mainly city, but some highway driving too. I’m at 8.9 mpg, and going through gas like it’s going out of style.

Wish I had an answer for you man. That’s crazy. If your primarily just cruising it the mileage should be better. Not sure how much the “eco” mode helps. Might want to bring this issue up with the dealership if it continues. I know we didn’t buy these things for gas mileage but that is too low.

·
Registered
28 Posts
was 16.5 in eco mode, but then got 17.5 just in auto mode on a couple of hour trip, close to the max that I did in the old SRT (18mpg)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Came home yesterday from Bass Lake. 5 hour drive and averaged 16.4 mpg. Cruised it at 80mph on eco mode

1 - 20 of 35 Posts