Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we all (at least, those of us who have posted about it) hate the Pirelli run-flats.

So, what are the best tires to buy as replacements?

In my case, I only want summer tires. I don't track my TH, so I don't need super sticky, but something with a better ride quality would be good.

I also do NOT need run-flats. I can carry tire sealant and an old-school tire repair kit with me.

Maybe some suggestions at different price-points would benefit more guys.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ok, we all (at least, those of us who have posted about it) hate the Pirelli run-flats.

So, what are the best tires to buy as replacements?

In my case, I only want summer tires. I don't track my TH, so I don't need super sticky, but something with a better ride quality would be good.

I also do NOT need run-flats. I can carry tire sealant and an old-school tire repair kit with me.

Maybe some suggestions at different price-points would benefit more guys.

Thoughts?

Here is a thread on replacement tires:

https://www.jeeptrackhawk.org/forum/41-wheels-tires/5576-replacement-tires.html

At this moment I don’t need tires as i have only 3.5K on the TH. I also am not interested in replacement run flats or tracking the TH. After doing some research I would consider Michelin sport or continental extreme contact DWS.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and the link, Mr. Vaako. Much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,782 Posts
I’ve got the Continentals on mine for a few thousand miles now. They’re not as grippy as the P Zeros were in my opinion. They were way cheaper and should last longer though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I may soon be getting a set of the Pilot Sport A/S 3+

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm switching out the Pirellis for Toyo Proxes S/T 3's for all season. The Mich AS3+ are great tires but so expensive.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like the P Zeros and if I find a great deal when it comes time to change them out I’ll buy them again, I like the grip and feedback I get with them and in rain they are great. My second choice are the General Grabber UHP’s I run them on my JGC SRT, not as grippy as the Zeros but they are great in rain, give a nice ride and have great feedback at high speed and or in aggressive maneuvering plus they are the widest tires 2nd to the Zeros with an aggressive looking tread pattern.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+UHP&partnum=945VR0GRUHPXL

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you can get some 22 inch rims... I highly recommend the Michilln Super Sports.

If you are never gonna drive in rain... can always throw nittos on your stocks =D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got the Continentals on mine for a few thousand miles now. They’re not as grippy as the P Zeros were in my opinion. They were way cheaper and should last longer though.
how is the ride quality on the Continentals? I like my stock Pirellis but since it’s run flat it’s noisy and ride quality is harsh. I’m wondering if switching to Continents will make the ride softer.

·
Super Moderator
1,782 Posts
I like them fine for ride quality, noise and such. I’m at over 800 at the wheel so I’m not sure they’re the best for modified applications but I like them just fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts