Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts
I bought a set of Velgen VF-5 (gloss black 20 X 10.5). I wanted to switch to a high performance summer tire, decent in rain (so no DRs), no run flats (hate how they ride) and decent amount of rubber in the sidewall. I went with the Pirelli P Zero summers (non- run flats) in 305/40ZR 20. I have to say they grip fairly well and are not too bad ride wise.

I like them fine for ride quality, noise and such. I’m at over 800 at the wheel so I’m not sure they’re the best for modified applications but I like them just fine.
I currently have pirelli scorpions but they're shot. Didn't dislike them but have seen toyo 888 or continues or Michelin sport. I guess for stock and modded TH. What is the best tire for mostly street with the occasional track Day?! I am so lost. I will never go full racecar or track car and mostly street preferred but need something to last long, stickier, maybe wider but not sure 302 is wise. .....help!!

So I read all of this and by all means everyone let me know best tires for mostly street witha track day maybe twice a year but yeah so tires that stick but won't hydroplane in rain. I won't be driving it in winter so that isn't a concern. I currently have pirelli scorpions but considering changing tire brand and if possible to 305s. Thoughts everyone?! Thanks for any feedback provided, it helps. Also the inside of my tires up front are so bad they're turning to threads, alignment issue??

Thanks loves!

I currently have pirelli scorpions but they're shot. Didn't dislike them but have seen toyo 888 or continues or Michelin sport. I guess for stock and modded TH. What is the best tire for mostly street with the occasional track Day?! I am so lost. I will never go full racecar or track car and mostly street preferred but need something to last long, stickier, maybe wider but not sure 302 is wise. .....help!!
Meant 305*

It's funny I used to swear by Nexen tires back in the day. Until I almost died.
Nowadays I believe in having the best tires possible and the best insurance I can afford.
Only takes once..
My concern with whatever tires I get next. I was happy with my pirelli scorpions...just wasn't sure if there was better.....

I use Michelins Super Sports in the summer here in KS and love them. Great traction on both wet and dry pavement and quiet. I have 305/35 r22's so I don't have too many choices but the Michelin's have been a great tire overall, much better than the Pirelli's IMO.
Concern on wet roads was 100% a thought before I get my new tires ..

Depends on your power level; the nitto nt555r2 put down power but they aren't sketcy if you get caught in rain like a typical drag radial would; example the mickey thompson et street ss. They're by far one of the best tires out there, better than the toyo r888r and aren't noisy, similar grip to the mt et street ss and can handle some inclement weather. Honestly, they're the best gripping nitto tire period. All rounders for a daily driver I would throw in would be the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s or supersport and the Cont extreme contact. If you're at stock power levels, the michelin pilot sport a/s 3+ is a great all rounder and much lighter than the pirellis. I don't like pirelli tires at all.

I don't do launches or race my car and no longer want to run separate snow tires in the winter so for me a 3 or All Season tire that lasts is the best.
I've had several sets of Nexian Roadians that were quiet and I had no problems with that lasted about 17k miles.
Currently I have some Yokohama Parada Spec X but the rear tires are a month away from being done after only 12k miles.
I decided to get a pair of General Grabber UHP All Season that have been reviewed to last 20 to up to 40k miles.
They're $190 a piece or 380 for 2, 760 for 4 like the Nexens.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.