Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Obviously no one bought this vehicle for it's fuel efficiency but i'd like to know what everyone is seeing in the real world.

I'm about to fill out my first full tank and i have just under 300 miles on the trip odometer. Truck says 13.0 mpg but i'll still calculate it myself when i'm at the pump.

Just curious what everyone else is seeing. The mileage was advertised at 11/17. I'd think 17 is a STRETCH

Thanks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've had mine since May '18. 4400 miles, mostly city. I get 11-12 in the city in normal driving. If I'm in Track/Sport/Custom modes... I can get as bad as 9.5mpg, since the trans holds gears longer and never shifts into 8th around town.

I've taken two 450 mile round trip highway jaunts, and seen 16+ averaging 80+mph. I live in Texas, so its very flat with little elevation change. It may get 17+ (I know some have reported this) if I slowed down to 70-75 as an average.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had mine since May '18. 4400 miles, mostly city. I get 11-12 in the city in normal driving. If I'm in Track/Sport/Custom modes... I can get as bad as 9.5mpg, since the trans holds gears longer and never shifts into 8th around town.

I've taken two 450 mile round trip highway jaunts, and seen 16+ averaging 80+mph. I live in Texas, so its very flat with little elevation change. It may get 17+ (I know some have reported this) if I slowed down to 70-75 as an average.
cool beans. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
33 Posts
AVG is 9.1 and I'm **** proud, lol. I have a quick 1/2 mile drive to the expressway, them 5 miles on it, them 1/4 mile off to my shop. Mostly track and custom modes. Can comment on miles per tank, I fill up at random tank levels and don't track that yet.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think I’m up to 10 mpg on average for the life of it, which is currently at 3200 miles. But that’s after taking a recent 600 mile round trip road trip, which really helped that average. I was around 8.5 or 9 before that, so I’m sure with more miles and less road trips it’ll settle back in the singe digits.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Average high 11s in suburb driving. I get high 200s for a tank and I measure it smiles per miles :).
About to install the S1025 Livernois package so that average will probably go down lol.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Average high 11s in suburb driving. I get high 200s for a tank and I measure it smiles per miles :).
About to install the S1025 Livernois package so that average will probably go down lol.
If you’re referring to the smiles per miles, it should go up.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've had mine a year and have put about 25,000 miles on it so far. ~95% of that is highway driving at 75 to 80 mph. Highway speed limits around here are typically 75. I'll usually see 16+ (almost 17) mpg, especially if I don't make to many high speed passes.0:) I'll often see a 400+ gas range pop up on the display after a fill up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Normal MPH

Normal over here is different since I get to drive 100-140 MPH or so daily on the autobahn. Happy with 11s! The TH is a wonderful ride at speed, even in the rain, on Pirelli Winters.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Am I the only one that never even looks at that screen?

I admit, I brought it up after a long interstate drive right after I bought it (and did get almost ~18MPG) but haven't looked at it since then (over 8 months)....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Normal over here is different since I get to drive 100-140 MPH or so daily on the autobahn. Happy with 11s! The TH is a wonderful ride at speed, even in the rain, on Pirelli Winters.
That's interesting... So how fast have you actually driven the TH? (I've seen a little over 150 on long pass and it was still accelerating strong at that speed) Have you seen any "overheating issues" when maintaining ~140mph for any length of time?

·
Registered
38 Posts
mileage

Hi,
Mine is a year old with 13k miles. In city traffic in eco, I get around 11.5. Eco off, about 1 mph less. Interstate mileage really is speed dependent, I have seen over 19 at 45-50 mph and at 85 around 14-15.
Towing my boat cost 2-3 mpg.

Once you switch modes and run hard, who cares!!!
Doug

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine was 1-month old yesterday. I have just turned 3,000 miles. Average with a mix of highway and suburbs 13.7 MPG. I usually fill it up right around 275-300 miles on the tank

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hear in Florida hills a few and far in between so that helps with mileage, I drive to Daytona frequently and it’s I-95 all the way and if I stay 73-75 mph I get 395 to 405 miles (95% hgwy) out of a fill up (23-23.5 gal) best I’ve seen avg indicator was 17.2 mpg, if I run 85-90 mph all the way I get 330 miles avg ind 14.3 mpg. 100% city driving I get 270-280 to a tank avg ind 11.5 mpg, combined 60hgwy-40city 330-340 miles avg ind 14.2 mpg, towing my boat i can do 230 miles avg ind 9.9 mpg.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Those numbers are very similar to what I have experienced. My city mpg is a little worse: More like 10.0-10.5.

Haven't tried towing yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My last tankful average was 7.6mpg. Yes, really. How can anyone resist the gas pedal on these things?? It's like riding a rollercoaster - WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Only 1500 miles so far and I haven't taken any longer highway trips so not sure what it will do then.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts