Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
I’ve been tracking my fills up since I knew this was going to be a costly addiction. After 17 fill ups and 3602 miles in - I’m only averaging 212 miles between stops at the gas station. I’ve never towed anything either.

I think a Tesla can go further between charges, than I can with my Trackhawk needing a fill up. 😠

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yes, but you don't have to park your TH for several hours to get a "full tank."

·
Registered
485 Posts
For you modded quarter-mile guys, it would be fun to reset the fuel mpg when you are at the starting line, and then snap a pix of it when you're on the return road. Can anyone get to LESS than 1 mpg?

That's my kind of mpg challenge.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I’ve been tracking my fills up since I knew this was going to be a costly addiction. After 17 fill ups and 3602 miles in - I’m only averaging 212 miles between stops at the gas station. I’ve never towed anything either.

I think a Tesla can go further between charges, than I can with my Trackhawk needing a fill up. 😠
You must be hammering your TH all the time. I drive mine spirited and go 275-300 between fill ups. I'm in NH and the gas mileage is always worse this time of year with the cold temps, I expect over 300 miles per tank in the warmer weather.

·
Registered
695 Posts
You must be hammering your TH all the time. I drive mine spirited and go 275-300 between fill ups. I'm in NH and the gas mileage is always worse this time of year with the cold temps, I expect over 300 miles per tank in the warmer weather.
I doubt anymore than anyone else. I’ve only tried launching it once in fact, so I guarantee I’ve used that feature fewer times than any other Trackhawk owner with 3600 miles on the clock. I mash the pedal on the highway more than most I’d bet, but in terms of stop light launchs, that’s not in my driving habit at all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I doubt anymore than anyone else. I’ve only tried launching it once in fact, so I guarantee I’ve used that feature fewer times than any other Trackhawk owner with 3600 miles on the clock. I mash the pedal on the highway more than most I’d bet, but in terms of stop light launchs, that’s not in my driving habit at all.
I didn't mean that in a derogatory way, I hope you didn't take it that way. It is hard not to want to feel that rush of acceleration.:grin2:

·
Registered
45 Posts
18.5 MPG the other day @ 70 MPH, in eco with adaptive cruise. Not a flat drive either. Tried it the next day without eco mode and same cruise settings and saw 17.5 MPG.

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
I don't think anyone here bought theirs for good mpg. I've seen 7.5-8.0 mpg in a full tank of all-city driving, and heavy on the loud pedal. Worth It!

Best I've ever seen with mine is all-freeway at 70-75 mph for an entire 245 mile tank. That got me a bit over 17mpg. All flat terrain.

The best interim mpg (over a 50 mile stretch of freeway) was 18.8 mpg. But that's with optimal conditions and speeds.

Of course, we can cheat the numbers by the usual tricks, but what I've posted here are all real-world driving situations. No long downhills.

All while in performance mode, too. No Eco or cruise control use. Just how I regularly have it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I didn't buy this for MPG's - I'm usually around 220-250 miles per tank and roughly 9.3-10 miles to the gallon. Very spirited driving all of the time - custom mode with transmission in track mode everything else in sport mode. Love every second of this thing

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't think anyone here bought theirs for good mpg. I've seen 7.5-8.0 mpg in a full tank of all-city driving, and heavy on the loud pedal. Worth It!

Best I've ever seen with mine is all-freeway at 70-75 mph for an entire 245 mile tank. That got me a bit over 17mpg. All flat terrain.

The best interim mpg (over a 50 mile stretch of freeway) was 18.8 mpg. But that's with optimal conditions and speeds.

Of course, we can cheat the numbers by the usual tricks, but what I've posted here are all real-world driving situations. No long downhills.

All while in performance mode, too. No Eco or cruise control use. Just how I regularly have it.
Agreed, I could care less about gas mileage. I was just curious what it could do on one of my longer drives, that I normally take (~50+ miles). I'm curious what mileage I'm going to see while towing my 3500lbs loaded trailer. The best I ever saw with my diesel GL was 11MPG and it didn't matter how hard I ran it. That was with a 3.0L turbo diesel. The GL normally saw 24MPG on the highway with no trailer. I'm curious if I will see the same percentage difference with the travkhawk. In theory, the trackhawk motor shouldn't have to work as hard to move itself or the trailer due to its larger displacement. We'll see. I'll report back on July 2nd, after we get back from dragging knee at Road America. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've filled-up my TH three times since I got it on 10/12. I'm proud to report that my average is at 8.9MPG! The first take lasted me about 166 miles and the second one, 133...progress! I think when I looked over the weekend, I'm around 7 on this tank so far. LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
On a slight downhill grade doing 72mph Im getting 22-25 consistently. Only happens on the way home for about 2 minutes, but omg it feels great! My display tattles 11.9 & 12 as the average. What gas company sells mid grade gas anyways?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I drive my TH like I stole it lol...Get about 7-8 MPG city running 92 Octane.

Hardly drive on the highway, But the last time I did I was averaging around 17mpg.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Uh, oh. I thought my Hellcat got low mileage.
Guess I won't be cruising along at 100 or so with the new "box". The gas stations are too far apart around here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Might be a new record, went out for a bit, drove maybe 10-15 miles? Mostly suburban type driving, no super wide open spots, but not congested city stuff. Anyway, burned through an 1/8 tank of gas. LOL
Boost therapy is great!

21 - 40 of 60 Posts