Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people using to clean seal and protect your wheels and brake calipers? I opted for the standard non satin black wheels with all season pirelli's when I ordered my TH a few weeks ago. Let me know when you can.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have been waxing them, but it it still a problem when it wears off. I saw a video online of some guy spraying the wheels and calipers after taking them off the car with some Dupont lubricant spray. I would love to find something to keep them clean for more than a few miles!

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
Try having the TH towed, I think that’s the best chance you have to avoid the dust.

I did ceramic pro on my entire vehicle inside and out. I really like it on the paint and glass but sadly, didn’t help on the wheels or calipers. I saw something about some kind of high temp paint you can use to change them from the yellow to a color that doesn’t show as bad. There was also some posts from a tuner about some different pads but I think they hit a wall with manufacturing them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
What are people using to clean seal and protect your wheels and brake calipers? I opted for the standard non satin black wheels with all season pirelli's when I ordered my TH a few weeks ago. Let me know when you can.

I had my wheels and calipers coated with ceramic pro. Cleans very easy, looks new every time they get washed

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have my wheels ceramic coated with Gloss It product, cleans easy but the brake dust still has a love affair with my wheels and calipers daily.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I haven’t touched my calipers at all. I’ve had the car hand washed I think 3 times so far, and I doubt they do more than spray them down. I’m at 1700 miles now and I have no issues with mine being dusty at all. What is all the fuss over? How could some get really bad and others not? Unless those that say it’s bad are just really OCD about the tiniest bit of dirt or dust. I don’t get it otherwise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use Sonax Full Effect for cleaning, and Carpro DLUX ceramic coating to protect them. 95% of the dust comes off with a quick pressure washing then the Sonax with some soft brushes does the rest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Change the brake pads to Z23 power stop pads, they claim no dust but really very low dust.
I used them on my ZL1, they work great. I just installed them on my Trackhawk today and used Griots 3 in 1 ceramic on the wheels and calipers. The dust these pads make is very minor and not black more of a dark tan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts