Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Wheel questions

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  ROCKETW19 
#1 ·
First Off I am def not the guy who asks for approval on anything I do. But this one is killing me so I am def asking for help, lol
I will attach 2 pictures of different wheels one brand is Vossen and the other is AG Luxury Wheels. Vossen is 9K and the AG is 6.5K I have seen Vossen and they are quality built wheels never seen the AG wheels. is there a 2.5K difference in quality or is Vossen just a name brand that can get the $ now so they do? I am not trying to buy Mr Vossens wife a new set of Boobies,lol

Second I have white TH and way way back there used to be a fad where white cars had white wheels mostly euro cars. I love black wheels on white cars but I am itching to be different the Vossen pictured looks similar to white with black lip like I want. do you guys think its to much? I know its opinions and I truly am stuck 50/50. It would be alot cheaper to go solid black I wouldn't need multi piece wheels but something is driving me to just try it and if I dont like change the centers to black its just time and money.
I will try and keep Yellow calipers but if dont look right I will change them.
I am going to try and use our board sponsor PK auto as long as the $ isnt a crazy amount different then me buying somewhere else. So far the pricing hasnt been that great but I also have no clue the mark up on wheels maybe theres not a lot to be made so not alot to take off?

Please feel free to give opinion on any of the question or what ever you want.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not a huge fan of other colors (blue, red, orange, gold, etc) to match the vehicle's paint color, but white on white typically turns out classy. I would not hesitate to give that a shot and if you hate it, you can always have them refinished.

Reactions: ROCKETW19
#5 ·
Yes at first I was looking for copper - rose gold etc but its just to trendy for me and I have not seen a legit color in person. I do not know what is wrong with me. I have never had such a hard time figuring out wheels and I have had Trucks for awhile(cheap priced wheels) the prices went way way up compared to the last set of performance wheels I have bought. last set was Savinni carbon fiber barrels on black centers they were only 7K (wheels only) Vossen is 9K no carbon fiber lol. that was 2013 or 2014 for a CTSV.
I need to learn photo shop so I can see all the wheel colors on my TH. I just cant picture it and I am staring at it right now all I see is black wheels, lol. Saying that in 2006 I had white and chrome wheels on a AMG merc that looked super classy. I need to just do it

#4 ·
I'd be very curious to know how much they both weigh. From what I've read online Vossen is very high quality, but for $9k you're pretty much paying HRE prices (could be worth the $$...hard to say). I think 2-piece construction is a good idea if you're going with forged wheels...just replace the barrel instead of the whole wheel if you hit a brutal pothole. For me the concavity profile would also factor into the decision (I know not everyone loves the concave look, but I still like it).

#6 ·
If you want to avoid trendy and get something that's classy (and timeless perhaps) you could maybe go for a finish similar to HRE's "Brushed Clear". It kinda has the impact of doing white wheels, but without going that extreme. Also, it's perhaps a "fresh" look compared to black finishes. I use my stock black wheels for winter and I think they look great. However, sometimes I think a color that has some contrast to the tires is nice. I have bronze wheels which I'm still quite fond of, but I totally understand the thought that colors like that (bronze, copper, gold, etc.) are trendy.

Choosing a wheel finish can definitely be a real challenge. But, it's a fun challenge. All the best with your research and shopping!

Attachments

#7 ·
If you want to avoid trendy and get something that's classy (and timeless perhaps) you could maybe go for a finish similar to HRE's "Brushed Clear". It kinda has the impact of doing white wheels, but without going that extreme. Also, it's perhaps a "fresh" look compared to black finishes.

Choosing a wheel finish can definitely be a real challenge. But, it's a fun challenge. All the best with your research and shopping!
Agree... took me over 8 months to decide on wheels for my TH. Its a fun challenge.

As far as Brushed Clear... here is that finish on a set of Forgelines on my ZR1.

Attachments

#11 ·
Of coarse the center will be white - Carbon fiber lip/barrel and black hardware. I figure if the white isnt for me I can always go to black or even a copper or what ever. only way I will know is just do it so I pulling trigger in a hour or so when they open,lol. last night when I was talking with him he really tried to get me into Rose gold. I almost went for it so maybe if no white I will try that next?
I got the CF wheels for the same price others were quoting non carbon so I am happy about that lol. Although I didnt use PK auto they were very good at customer service but at the end $ matters when you are talking triple digits less.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.