Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Just so others might know in the future:

Stock standard Trackhawk wheel - 32 lb
BC Forged RS42 20x10 - 25 lb

you didnt happen to weight the stock tire did you? Im so curious how much they weight. I guess 40 plus but who knows lol
thanks for info

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you didnt happen to weight the stock tire did you? Im so curious how much they weight. I guess 40 plus but who knows lol
thanks for info
I did not. They were getting switched over at the tire shop and I had no chance to weigh them. They also aren't new any longer. I think the tire maker has a published weight usually though.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
I did not. They were getting switched over at the tire shop and I had no chance to weigh them. They also aren't new any longer. I think the tire maker has a published weight usually though.
good point i am sure its on the website and reason I asked. I seen the weights listed when I was putting tires on my Raptor 100lbs each tire. I was like **** i just spent 10K to supercharge this raptor only to loose the HP back to the tires lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the extra lug nuts. They came yesterday. Much appreciated!

I do like the wheels. They turned out great.

My only wish was that they would tuck in another 1/2 inch. It seems like there is enough caliper clearance to go a little higher offset. I’m not sure what all the factors are so maybe there’s something I don’t know.

Thanks again,
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thank you for the extra lug nuts. They came yesterday. Much appreciated!

I do like the wheels. They turned out great.

My only wish was that they would tuck in another 1/2 inch. It seems like there is enough caliper clearance to go a little higher offset. I’m not sure what all the factors are so maybe there’s something I don’t know.

Thanks again,
Matt

This was the same for my Forgeline wheels. These companies either a) aren't actually using a Trackhawk to measure and set up their wheels or b) they are just being extremely cautious (or depending on your outlook... being lazy) to make sure there is ample clearance. Given that really all it would take is using one factory TH wheel to determine clearances, I find it disappointing that they take a lot of $$ and don't get them set up _perfect_. But I'm still happy with my Forgelines... they actually sit perfect in the front, but poke a little in the rear.

Your wheels look fantastic, too!!!

Reactions: AlaskaMatt

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was the same for my Forgeline wheels. These companies either a) aren't actually using a Trackhawk to measure and set up their wheels or b) they are just being extremely cautious (or depending on your outlook... being lazy) to make sure there is ample clearance. Given that really all it would take is using one factory TH wheel to determine clearances, I find it disappointing that they take a lot of $$ and don't get them set up _perfect_. But I'm still happy with my Forgelines... they actually sit perfect in the front, but poke a little in the rear.

Your wheels look fantastic, too!!!

Thanks. I’m not sure whether they could use the OEM wheel but seems that they could create a model or something from Trackhawk measurements and know.

On the positive side, at least it’s easier to clean the calipers.

Thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks. I’m not sure whether they could use the OEM wheel but seems that they could create a model or something from Trackhawk measurements and know.

On the positive side, at least it’s easier to clean the calipers.

Thanks for the compliment!

For what you and I paid for our lightweight forged wheels, they should be measuring better to provide an absolutely perfect fitment. I have Forgelines on my ZR1 Corvette... the offset is OEM and fit perfectly. Granted, I'm sure they have mocked up a number of widebody C6 Corvettes, but the various models have different size brakes, etc... with the ZR1s being massive, just like the Trackhawk, in comparison to the other models.

And yes, it is much easier to clean the calipers now, which I attribute to the spoke design on mine (similar to yours, in a way... thin spokes) as much as clearance, but you're right... it does help. :)

Reactions: AlaskaMatt

·
Registered
655 Posts
WA 2 FST, what model of Forgelines did you buy?

I got the first set of wheels they spec'd for a TH (I ordered them in Jan 2018) and the first ones they sent me wouldn't clear the front calipers. They told me they'd used factory blueprints for the specs, but those were wrong...probably for a SRT.

After I measured for them, and they found a TH at a dealer to check, they sent me a specially-built set that fits great and looks great too. It took a while for them to make them, but they are nice guys with great customer service.

I think they look cool, and the difference in weight versus the stock wheels made the ride quality better too.

Mine are the CF-1 five-spoke in Transparent Smoke. Helps hide the brake dust a bit.

Attachments

Reactions: WA 2 FST

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WA 2 FST, what model of Forgelines did you buy?

I got the first set of wheels they spec'd for a TH (I ordered them in Jan 2018) and the first ones they sent me wouldn't clear the front calipers. They told me they'd used factory blueprints for the specs, but those were wrong...probably for a SRT.

After I measured for them, and they found a TH at a dealer to check, they sent me a specially-built set that fits great and looks great too. It took a while for them to make them, but they are nice guys with great customer service.

I think they look cool, and the difference in weight versus the stock wheels made the ride quality better too.

Mine are the CF-1 five-spoke in Transparent Smoke. Helps hide the brake dust a bit.

Black Track - do you have a square setup or different offsets front and rear? I wanted a square setup so I can rotate. What offset(s) do you have and do your rear tires protrude outside a bit from the wells?

·
Registered
655 Posts
AlaskaMatt,
They are the exact same dimensions & offsets front and rear. Like you, I wanted to be able to rotate.

Can't find the specs on the offsets, but I will look further. The tire fitment relative to the wheel wells looks good to me. Inside the wells.

My TH is completely stock, other than these wheels. Here's another pix.

BTW: Your TH looks great!

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just found some info in an old email that the offset of my wheels is 40mm.

The first set they did for me was 50mm, but those didn't clear the front calipers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here’s the extra space on my fronts and resulting rear.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Looks like yours do stick out a bit further than mine. What offset are you running?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts