Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed the Hawk today and when I backed up to reposition the vehicle afterwards in the garage. The front driver wheel weights feel off. My wife burst out laughing. With 99 problems and a Bi**h ain't one I'm starting to realize why I've never owned a Chrysler product. 1303 miles and counting. What a joke!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
That's a really bizarre problem.
Was it all the weights on one wheel, or just one or two?
Did this happen on multiple wheels?
Regarding wheel weights: I really didn't care for the fact that the wheel weights did not match the wheel color. The Porsche that I traded had 21" sport classic black wheels and the weights were black which was real thinking when it came to looks. It is a little disappointing since I paid a little more for the TH and FCA couldn't even match wheel weight color. How hard would that have been?? :mad:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a really bizarre problem.
Was it all the weights on one wheel, or just one or two?
Did this happen on multiple wheels?
Regarding wheel weights: I really didn't care for the fact that the wheel weights did not match the wheel color. The Porsche that I traded had 21" sport classic black wheels and the weights were black which was real thinking when it came to looks. It is a little disappointing since I paid a little more for the TH and FCA couldn't even match wheel weight color. How hard would that have been?? :mad:

I haven't drove it since it was washed yesterday. So to answer your question, the entire section came off the drivers front. Picture attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't drove it since it was washed yesterday. So to answer your question, the entire section came off the drivers front. Picture attached.
Dealer is having the factory rep from Hunter Engineering come in tomorrow to replace all weights on all 4 wheels with black stick-ons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the same thing happen to my driver side front wheel today. Also, my black satin rims seem to be peeling which is why I think the weights fell off. I need to find a reputable dealer to deal with this. I’m in the NYC area. Anyone recommend a dealer? Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wheels and calipers peeling was a problem on the SRTs. Guess some things never change. I’m thinking about ditching the factory rims for 22” Velgens once my tires are ready for replacing. Hopefully I have no problems between now and my grand plans. Also, don’t tell my wife my plan ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
The wheels on my '14 SRT peeled like crazy. I bought my TH used and the previous owner had already switched the tires to Pirelli Scorpion winters. My plan is to get a set a 22" Velgens in the spring with some 3 season tires and keep the factory wheels as my winter set.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I did a launch the other day and after slowing down at a light and speeding back up (normal speed) I hear a ticking noise from my front driver wheel. Come to find out the weights are scraping against my caliper! Now the caliper has a deep groove (and paint is scraped off). Idk how this happened. It’s like the wheel shifted or my caliper shifted/moved, idk... Taking to dealership ASAP...

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
If they are still stuck to the wheel then u have other problems. I’ve heard of a few people throwing off wheel weights.

·
Registered
66 Posts
They are still stuck to the wheel. The break caliper has a deep gouge cut in it now from where the wheel weight have been scrapping. I’m pissed, don’t know if the wheel shifted or the caliper. Taking to Jeep tomorrow to have them check out and replace that. F’d up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m not sure. It drove down the highway fine, didn’t feel any vibration or anything. About to take the Jeep in now, I’ll keep y’all posted.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts