Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping the Jeep Renegade TrackHawk will be shown at the L.A. Auto Show but I don't see it on the list of debuting vehicles. Any idea on when we'll see it or at which auto show?

·
Registered
599 Posts
To me it seems the North American International Auto Show in Detroit could be when we get our first look.

Another possibility is we could see it debut at an even that Jeep setups up and does independently from a major show.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bummer...Just read on MotorAuthority that Jeep is only going to unveil the Backcountry Wrangler and the Grand Cherokee SRT Night...
Was hoping the Trackhawk will be there.

·
Registered
599 Posts
One thing we can possibly depend on from that event is a Q & A where the TrackHawk is mentioned, seems only natural with the SRT being in attendance.

·
Registered
196 Posts
So if it is not in Detroit then after that would be Geneva. Perhaps we could get a better idea of the reveal based on the FCA 5 Year Plan.

If the first Trackhawk is going to be a Grand Cherokee, this chart appears to suggest its coming in 2018. But I suppose the concept could appear at any time really.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We probably won't see much until 2017. Think production models are usually shown the year before it's available on sales floors.

·
Registered
599 Posts
With shows happening late 2015 stretching into early 2016 it's possible we'll end up seeing something a year ahead of that 2017 date. We'll just have to keep an eye out for any developments starting from now.

·
Registered
196 Posts
So will the Trackhawk just be a variant or trim level for which ever of these models they choose to offer it for? The Trackhawk doesn't really get its own line on the chart.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just saw this from Allpar; word from the Chrysler Tower is that the Jeep Trackhawk will not be coming in 2016 and it's release may take longer than expected.
We saw this coming but wonder what's causing the delay.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just saw this from Allpar; word from the Chrysler Tower is that the Jeep Trackhawk will not be coming in 2016 and it's release may take longer than expected.
We saw this coming but wonder what's causing the delay.
I'm assuming that this is yet another symptom of the financial struggles that FCA has been dealing with.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Maybe Hennessy performance or some company like them might come along with a kit for the SRT Cherokee to give it a level of performance equal to what we'd get out of a hellcat/trackhawk.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thought the delay would have been cause by some compatibility issue between the Hellcat engine and the Drive Train. At least for the Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thought the delay would have been cause by some compatibility issue between the Hellcat engine and the Drive Train. At least for the Grand Cherokee.
That is a good point, I believe there was some issue with the drivetrain being able to handle the power which it may not to just yet.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Considering this generation of Cherokee started in 2011, i can't imagine it being more than 2-3 years, since 2-3 years from now is when the current generation should end.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Basically everything under FCA is getting delayed except for a select few projects that are now the focus. China slowed down and FCA is struggling anyway with debt. It doesn't look good.

Marchionne said FCA would first focus on a 48 billion euro ($52 billion), five-year investment plan centered on turning Alfa Romeo, Jeep and Maserati into global brands. Once implemented, the dynamics of the discussion with a potential partner "will completely change," he added.

Analysts have raised concerns about FCA's ability to execute the plan, given its net debt of 7.85 billion euros, product delays and persistent weakness in Latin America, only partially offset by a recovering car market in Europe and firmer margins in FCA's North American business.

While confirming overall targets until 2018, Marchionne said FCA would present an updated product plan in January to reflect changes in the market, including slowing growth in China.

"The model plans will not change, but we need to adjust the timing," Marchionne said, adding that not doing so would have been "suicide".

These may include some Alfa Romeo and Maserati product launches being delayed and the sales target for its popular Jeep sport utility vehicles being raised. Marchionne added that capital expenditure for 2016, which was supposed to be the peak spending year of the plan, would likely be reduced.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fiatchrysler-ferrari-idUSKBN0TM1DU20151203#pAqqPLbGsP6yKz1D.97

·
Registered
599 Posts
They even had plans for some compact luxury coupe and now that's on hold, for now it's all what they see will be the brands newest and strongest products.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts