Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... that you fool another Trackhawk owner. LOL

My TH is lowered, has Forgeline wheels, and a Borla catback... a plate that says "ZRO 2 6T." However, I have changed the badges in the back. It has SRT and a Hellcat next to it, where the dumb Trackhawk emblem used to be. I have debadged the sides.

That was all it took to completely fool another owner... he is behind me at a left turn. We both turn left and he guns it up next to me, I give him the thumbs up (tons of traffic ahead so nowhere to run them). He takes off a little, so I get behind him. Pull up next to him at the next stoplight behind a slew of cars. Roll down windows, and I ask him if he's done anything to his. I say I've only done a Borla catback. He says, "well, this is the supercharged one." Uh... yes. Yes it is. "So is this!", I said. "This is a Trackhawk." He kind of has a quizzical look on his face, smiled and asked if I'd seen the Hennessey upgrade. I said that was too expensive. Light turns green and we're on our way.

if you're out there, I love ya, man! Tried to pull over down the road so we could chat, but traffic was horrible at 5:15pm. Hope to run into you again sometime. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
Mine’s less stealthy now that it is pushing 1100hp but it’s that Borla that makes it sound so mean without being obnoxious. No badges on mine except that jeep on the lift gate. I kinda wanna change the caliper color so it’s body matched to rhino. Nobody would have a clue

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ya, the yellow calipers, quad exhaust, and hellcat badge would be enough for me to know that it's supercharged.

All of my badges except the recessed Jeep one are coming off tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a cleaner look, as well as be able to clean it more easily (that's double the CLEAN).

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ya, the yellow calipers, quad exhaust, and hellcat badge would be enough for me to know that it's supercharged.

All of my badges except the recessed Jeep one are coming off tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a cleaner look, as well as be able to clean it more easily (that's double the CLEAN).
Here’s what I used to debadge. The wife’s hair dryer, some inexpensive fishing line and this
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Stripe-Off-Wheel/?N=5002385+3293162209&rt=rud

The last item worked great to remove any excess residues. Just wear safety glasses since the wheel will work like a pencil eraser.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"this is the supercharged one"..(just to stir the pot)- the guy sounds like a pompous ass, rather than a car guy...
lol
Yeah, definitely could be taken that way. The way he said it was not in an arrogant tone. The fact he paused, and kind of did a double-take, when i said... "yeah, so is this. This is a Trackhawk"... was kind of interesting. There is no way I would ever think my GC was anything but a Trackhawk. I live a couple of miles from the local high school, and have teens chasing me down taking pics and giving thumbs up when I'm over there.

Next time, I'll just downshift and not let him pass me. He said it was stock, and it sounded stock. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine’s less stealthy now that it is pushing 1100hp but it’s that Borla that makes it sound so mean without being obnoxious. No badges on mine except that jeep on the lift gate. I kinda wanna change the caliper color so it’s body matched to rhino. Nobody would have a clue
Dyno graph?

What you do put nitrous on that thing?

·
Registered
73 Posts
see his build page within this forum. pulleys injectors tune plugs etc.... dont take much to make these brick run like a raped ape!
I have and I agree, but he quoted hp numbers and no two vehicles are the same which is why I was hoping he would share his dyno sheet for the 1100hp and also why I asked about nitrous. He's also a bada$$ with a wrench, I believe he did all his own work! Very repectable

·
Super Moderator
2,294 Posts
I’m just estimating the hp. I’ll get it to a dyno once I’ve put the interchiller on in a month or so when I get full use of my hand back, I’m two weeks post op so far. It’s a 90 minute drive to the nearest awd dyno and $250 for dyno time.
The mods weren’t very difficult. If you can unbolt something and put a different piece in and tighten the bolts back you can install a s1025 package. The interchiller stuff is a bit more involved though.
I’ll post up on my build post when I get around to the interchiller and then dyno.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’m just estimating the hp. I’ll get it to a dyno once I’ve put the interchiller on in a month or so when I get full use of my hand back, I’m two weeks post op so far. It’s a 90 minute drive to the nearest awd dyno and $250 for dyno time.
The mods weren’t very difficult. If you can unbolt something and put a different piece in and tighten the bolts back you can install a s1025 package. The interchiller stuff is a bit more involved though.
I’ll post up on my build post when I get around to the interchiller and then dyno.
Oh snap, sorry man, I hope you heal up and get better soon!

Yea take your time, I'm sure I'm not the only one itching to see the result of all the work you've done! I'm definitely in for the results with the chiller!

You used the 2.85 storm pulley upper and IW lower I believe right?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yeah, definitely could be taken that way. The way he said it was not in an arrogant tone. The fact he paused, and kind of did a double-take, when i said... "yeah, so is this. This is a Trackhawk"... was kind of interesting. There is no way I would ever think my GC was anything but a Trackhawk. I live a couple of miles from the local high school, and have teens chasing me down taking pics and giving thumbs up when I'm over there.

Next time, I'll just downshift and not let him pass me. He said it was stock, and it sounded stock. :)

Ha, I have two high schoolers. Phones out, request to rev it, dad light them up ... every time I pick them up from practice ... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts