Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else finding window glare issues with the white dash stitching? IMO, this is a big Jeep screw up. I'm surprised I haven't heard of more complaints with it.

Anyone done anything to remedy it? I had my windshield tinted 35% and it has helped some, but the glare is still there to some degree. Thought about taking a black permanent marker and blending the white stitching in to black, but not sure how that would turn out and it may be really tedious.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had a problem with it, even here in sunny SoCal. But I always wear the darkest sunglasses that I can find.

Not sure I'd recommend using a black marker. One slip and it could look like sh*t.
Yeah, true on the marker. The tinted windshield has helped, so i guess I'll just deal with it.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
They changed the stitching mid run 2018 models due to complaints of the white stitching and reflections...

Personally I was disappointing, I ended up with grey and much prefer the white as is in our 2015 SRT. The reflection never bothered me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, mine is definitely white and the build date is Dec 2017. Wonder if I can get it changed under warranty to a grey due to complaints?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My stitching also appears to be grey, refer to the attached pic:
I also have my front windshield tinted since the TX sun can be brutal.
This is interesting. Mine is a double stitch also, where this looks like a single stitch in the pic.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, door stitching is the same. Why is mine so different? Is it a different package or something? Is something not right here or do I have a unicorn or something? I don't have the full leather seats or anything, but do have the red seat belts, pana sunroof and high end audio.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts