Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked on Amazon and they’re going for $139 right now I’m gonna keep my eye on this to see if it drops more.

Anyone have one wanna chime in? I haven’t heard any negative reviews so far.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Never even heard of it before this post. I guess I'm out of touch or maybe a quick description would have been nice.

Watched a utube video that seemed to "talk it up" but you never know who sponsors some of these videos. So far I have no reasons to want/need anything more than the PP on the TH. My comparisons and others I have read seem to say the PP are pretty dang accurate.

If I wanted one for $139, I'd just get it. That's not much more than a couple of tanks of gas..

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It’s basically a discount Vbox, gps based timer. Agreed that it’s not much money but Santa is only bringing me so much this year and the Evo needs tires. Curious if people who have the dragy, like it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The dragy is a excellent product and for the price compared to the pbox or vbox, its a bargain. Very accurate and it has a feed similar to Instagram where you can follow folks and post up your runs.
^^^ What he said.

The Dragy is an excellent value, and provides good data that’s not affected by wheel spin - unlike our built-in timer suite.

I’ve only run it twice at the drag strip -and not with the Jeep- but it was close enough to impress me with its capabilities.

The leaderboard for make and model is a nice touch as well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was just reviewing the Dragy box (hardware) and reviews were very good. The iOS app (software) did not have very good reviews.
What app(s) were you running that you were happy with?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was just reviewing the Dragy box (hardware) and reviews were very good. The iOS app (software) did not have very good reviews.
What app(s) were you running that you were happy with?
I have only operated it with iOS, but haven’t noticed anything bad about the app...it’s just a bit sparse.

I did have a buggy experience when trying to use an iPad to connect, no such issue with the phone.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have one... I used it at the strip... Super accurate... great price! I actually have 2 lol

Draggy had me at
6.33 at the 1/8
9.93 at the 1/4

Time slip said.
6.31 at the 1/8
9.91 at the 1/4

With the 1 foot rollout at the track... maybe the draggy was even more accurate than the time slip?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have one... I used it at the strip... Super accurate... great price! I actually have 2 lol

Draggy had me at
6.33 at the 1/8
9.93 at the 1/4

Time slip said.
6.31 at the 1/8
9.91 at the 1/4

With the 1 foot rollout at the track... maybe the draggy was even more accurate than the time slip?
I have found that my GPS based vbox would be "dead-on balls accurate" in comparison to the timeslip ETs when I adjusted to a 1.3' GPS roll-out at the track. This was for cars wearing 19/20' front tires and how shallow I consistently stage. The 1.3' roll-out would be a 0.02s adjustment.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looked on Amazon and they’re going for $139 right now I’m gonna keep my eye on this to see if it drops more.

Anyone have one wanna chime in? I haven’t heard any negative reviews so far.
If I didn't already have a vbox which I bought 10+ years ago, I would get the dragy. I am still thinking about getting a dragy anyway given how accessible the data is with a smart phone. Now I have to take pics of the vbox screen or read an SD card to access the data (PITA).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have found that my GPS based vbox would be "dead-on balls accurate" in comparison to the timeslip ETs when I adjusted to a 1.3' GPS roll-out at the track. This was for cars wearing 19/20' front tires and how shallow I consistently stage. The 1.3' roll-out would be a 0.02s adjustment.
I have a pbox also. MPH was slightly off on the pbox. Little higher then the track and dragy. Cant go wrong with either though. Great products. For the price, the dragy cant be beat though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a pbox also. MPH was slightly off on the pbox. Little higher then the track and dragy. Cant go wrong with either though. Great products. For the price, the dragy cant be beat though.
The MPH is going to be higher on the GPS devices since that is the "exact" speed at the 1,320' mark, whereas the timeslip is using timing lights that get tripped 66' before the end of the run and is calculating the mathematical average speed to cover that final 66' distance. Unless there is something slowing the car down over the final 66', the GPS trap will be higher.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The MPH is going to be higher on the GPS devices since that is the "exact" speed at the 1,320' mark, whereas the timeslip is using timing lights that get tripped 66' before the end of the run and is calculating the mathematical average speed to cover that final 66' distance. Unless there is something slowing the car down over the final 66', the GPS trap will be higher.
Yes, I am aware. Although I thought it was the last 100' that was averaged at the track. Just pointing out what I have experienced. I thought the dragy was GPS also?? My dragy mph was right on with the track slip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts