Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My TH has been great so far, but the mis-aligned tailpipes are bugging me.

It's not too easy to tell in these pix, but the passenger side tips are wonky. The outside tip is quite a bit lower than the inside tip.
The driver side looks ok....not perfect, but much better.

Anyone else have this quality control problem?

Is there an easier way to fix it than cutting and re-welding the tips?

Thanks,
Black Track

Attachments

·
Banned
362 Posts
You made me go and look but they seem to be in alignment. I'm coming up on a month of ownership and so far I haven't noticed any quality control items "expect one". My drivers side door needs to be closed a little harder than usual to shut tightly. Actually it seems to be better the last few weeks. Either I'm getting use to closing it harder or it's getting broke in. :smile2:

I didn't crawl under and look but I'd guess the pipes probably need to be cut and re-welded. Should be a quick and easy fix at the dealer. (it would bug me too) I am picky even about putting stickers on my windows. They have got to be 100% straight. I guess that's the engineer in me.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My front doors took a bit extra oomph to close them completely during the first month of so of ownership, but now they close normally.

Glad to hear that the mis-aligned tailpipes aren't on all THs. I will have the dealer fix when I get brave enough to take it in...when the fuel line "recall/hold for ransom until fixed" debacle is over. Mine is in the VIN range, but I carry a halon extinguisher on board, and have full insurance anyway. I'm driving it like a madman, regardless. Too much fun of a vehicle to have it sit parked while waiting for a FCA fix.

·
Registered
184 Posts
So long as nothing is loose under there to cause the misalignment, then holding off may be the better option. The recall isn't set to start until March 2, so they'll hopefully have the necessary parts by then and you can bring your TH in without having to leave it there for days.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,
My TH has been great so far, but the mis-aligned tailpipes are bugging me.

It's not too easy to tell in these pix, but the passenger side tips are wonky. The outside tip is quite a bit lower than the inside tip.
The driver side looks ok....not perfect, but much better.

Anyone else have this quality control problem?

Is there an easier way to fix it than cutting and re-welding the tips?

Thanks,
Black Track
Mine were the same. Pretty simple fix, use 13mm socket and loosen the clamp nut enough to rotate the tips and line them up....tighten. Done

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that info! I was going to put it up on a lift this weekend and have a closer look. Glad it's a simple fix.
Much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Mine were way off too, just a quick loosening of the clamp where the quad tips bolt on, make the adjustments and tighten the clamp again. If you’re a perfectionist, it can take up to 15 minutes but super easy to do. The Jeep badge on the hood was put on crooked on my Jeep, no biggie since I debadged but jeez! Where is the QC?? it also needs a new panel over the subwoofer due to poor figment and rattles with the bass as well as a driver’s seat track (FCA has agreed to these fixes) but I found some defects in the dash that I’m having to escalate since local dealership says they can not authorize the dash replacement.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Great thread. I checked out mine as well and although not perfect i noticed both the outer tips seem slightly higher. I checked some pics on Instagram and they all appear to have the same appearance.

I think I only came across one TH which seemed to have perfect symmetry. But I think for aesthetic purposes i can see this being a bit of a bother.

·
Registered
185 Posts
ACC (radar dome) miss aligned...

My tail pipes don’t seem to be miss aligned, but my ACC (radar dome) in the front fascia is not centered with the plastic grill opening. It drives me nuts as far as symmetry is concerned. I am not sure, but I think the whole front bumper assembly will need to come off to correct it. That is probably a ½ day job for the dealership to fix… Anyone else have this QC issue?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts