Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost eight months in and I only have 6600 miles on mine, so obviously I need to drive it a lot more.
(It's my DD, but I don't have a commute to make.)

Anyone over 10,000 miles? 15,000? More?

Anyone worn out a set of OEM tires yet? If so, at what miles did you replace them?

Reactions: YACCster

·
Registered
36 Posts
At 6 months and have 12000 miles on it. It’s my DD and love every minute. Can’t speak about tires because I had winters on for first four months.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A bit over 5 months now almost 10,000 miles. It's my DD, just can't stop finding excuses to drive it somewhere, anywhere. 1 Oil change, no tire changes on the stock all weathers yet even after trips to Cecil County Dragway and for the Modern Hemi Shootout at MDIR and road course at Dominion Raceway for MoparPalooza.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A bit over 5 months now almost 10,000 miles. It's my DD, just can't stop finding excuses to drive it somewhere, anywhere. 1 Oil change, no tire changes on the stock all weathers yet even after trips to Cecil County Dragway and for the Modern Hemi Shootout at MDIR and road course at Dominion Raceway for MoparPalooza.

How do you manage 1 oil change. I am almost heading into my 4th one soon!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Can you estimate how much tread life you still have on your all-seasons? On my '15 SRT with the 3-season tires, they were nearly done at 9200 miles, and I didn't beat on it. My TH has the all-season tires, so I'm hoping for at least 15k miles.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Had mine since December and it is my DD. I do have the luxury of working at home though. I have around 4400 miles which is still low for me, but mine has been in and out of the shop for constant issues, so that kept me low.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow!! That's crazy!! I have a 16 Z06 with 1000HP that I change the oil about every 6000 miles because the computer tells me to. Something not right somewhere..
Agreed. I'm on it all of the time and with 2,400 miles it still tells me 40%. There's no way oil changes should be that frequent.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What could be wrong with it? I know I can’t keep spending time at the dealer every month and a half. I am not leaking oil between changes but I agree something is not right...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Only think I can think of is I drive with my paddle shifters all the time and downshift at higher RPMs whenever possible because it just sounds so good. Maybe this puts a stress on engine requiring frequent oil changes?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Only think I can think of is I drive with my paddle shifters all the time and downshift at higher RPMs whenever possible because it just sounds so good. Maybe this puts a stress on engine requiring frequent oil changes?
I drive mine the same way - transmission always in track mode with street suspension, using the paddles and constantly downshifting. I now have 2500 miles and my oil screen still says 40%. I have yet to have my first oil change.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just crossed 13000 miles and it is most definitely my driving style. When driving like everyone else, one percent oil indicator change is equivalent to 50-55 miles. So oil change every 5000-5500 miles. However when driving like you stole it, max revving, paddle shifting, heavy foot etc, drops to 10-15 miles per 1% change in oil indicator. I have done this five or six times driving two extremes and these are the numbers I get so an oil change every 2700 miles for my driving style is totally possible unfortunately!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts