Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed and read where some owners debadge their Trackhawks. Any particular reason for doing this? And which ones do you take off?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine is completely debadged except for the jeep logo on the tailgate.

I think a vehicle looks a lot cleaner without a bunch of emblems all over it.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks! do you know if they sell the 2 lowers?
Not sure on that. From everything I have read, the bumper has to be removed to get the lower bezels off, which I don't want to do.

I plan to just tape off the area and spray the bezels. I just have not got around to it yet.

Reactions: granitecitycat

·
Registered
226 Posts
I noticed and read where some owners debadge their Trackhawks. Any particular reason for doing this?
My number one reason is stealth. Most people have no clue that the 'Hawks even exist, and without the badging I can hopefully fool the few that do know.
Same with my Challenger. If people think it's a V6 instead of a 6.2, great.

Frankly, I wouldn't have bought the 'Hawk in the first place had it looked significantly different from a Lo Po version.
Now if I could only lose the yellow on the calipers...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My number one reason is stealth. Most people have no clue that the 'Hawks even exist, and without the badging I can hopefully fool the few that do know.
Same with my Challenger. If people think it's a V6 instead of a 6.2, great.

Frankly, I wouldn't have bought the 'Hawk in the first place had it looked significantly different from a Lo Po version.
Now if I could only lose the yellow on the calipers...
Stealth, I see...also do these Trackhawks get stolen a lot? Since my TrackHawk is not built yet, I might ask FC not to put the supercharger badge now.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
My front logo was on crooked from the factory already and I wanted the stealthy look. Just clean and quiet, nobody would suspect anything. It’s not so quiet anymore but still on the DL compared to anything remotely as quick.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My front logo was on crooked from the factory already and I wanted the stealthy look. Just clean and quiet, nobody would suspect anything. It’s not so quiet anymore but still on the DL compared to anything remotely as quick.
How do these badges come off, just taken them off yourself?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Stealth, I see...also do these Trackhawks get stolen a lot? Since my TrackHawk is not built yet, I might ask FC not to put the supercharger badge now.
I have no idea what the theft rate on these may be. Both of ours are sitting unlocked, together with a dozen other vehicles. And if having the key fobs in them wouldn't run the batteries down, the 'Hawks would also have the keys in them. All depends on where you live, I suppose.

How do these badges come off, just taken them off yourself?
FCA is not going to not install them, but they're easy enough to remove. Normally I use fishing line and a heatgun/hair dryer, then a 3M eraser wheel, but the "supercharged" lettering on the doors practically fell off by themselves, thankfully.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have no idea what the theft rate on these may be. Both of ours are sitting unlocked, together with a dozen other vehicles. And if having the key fobs in them wouldn't run the batteries down, the 'Hawks would also have the keys in them. All depends on where you live, I suppose.

FCA is not going to not install them, but they're easy enough to remove. Normally I use fishing line and a heatgun/hair dryer, then a 3M eraser wheel, but the "supercharged" lettering on the doors practically fell off by themselves, thankfully.
"FCA is not going to install them" your wrote, who does the dealer?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts