Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
"FCA is not going to install them" your wrote, who does the dealer?
No, I wrote that FCA is not going to not install them.

With Porsches, for example, leaving some badging off is an option, but I have yet to hear about FCA offering that on any vehicle.
Which is why I have quite a collection of badges and emblems off of various vehicles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry miss read your post. Ok, I take it you use fishing line and slide it under the badge to remove it along with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and use a 3M eraser wheel to remove what adhesive I left? You use a 3M wheel can a Whizzy Wheel do? Or either one will do?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, you can also let the sun do the job of the hair dryer. And on some vehicles it takes fairly strong fishing line to "saw" through the glue.
In some cases the adhesive can be rolled off with your fingers, other times the 3M eraser wheel is needed.

Wasn't looking forward to removing the "Supercharged" individual letters, but thankfully mine practically fell off.
On the other hand, the (apparently highly coveted) yellow rear "Trackhawk" did put up a fight.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
I think the side of the jeep looks tacky. they just thru a bunch of letters on there trying to be cool. I took mine off but I also like the hell cat emblems and most dont so what do I know lol. personal choice if you dont want them take them off if you like them leave them never do what others do just to fit in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes, when I had my Hummer H3 back in 2007 or so, I wanted to confuse people so I went to another dealer and got a Hybrid badge and put two of them on my Hummer. If you want to confuse people get a Hybrid badge and put it under the Hellcat badge...ok don't kick me off the forum now...lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Partially to confuse people, I put a "Limited" badge on the back, where the Trackhawk one was.
Also because it is the most limited Jeep I've even owned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I debadged as well. All but the hawk emblem on back, and of course the jeep on the lift gate.

Painted my calipers gloss black, got the black lug nuts, tinted the tail lights, and the bumper reflectors were changed out to the working leds and tinted, and had it lowered. As far as resale, badges can always be put back on, and the hawks made Forbes #9 of 50 for collectable cars to buy now. (still a depreciating asset at best for years)

Those door emblems are huge and nothing is chrome on these things except the supercharged badge and the lug nuts if your rolling those still. I used a blow dryer to warm the tape holding the badges, and made it softer, then used goo gone with the kit that includes a plastic scraper and took the badges off and continued blow dryer and more goo gone until all the tape was gone. I waited like a year and with the Texas heat they were on pretty good so removing quickly after purchase should help a lot. Since I waited so long I did scratch the clearcoat slightly on the passenger door but waxing completing hides them so it looks perfect like the rest of the paint.

I used the G2 paint for the calipers, and have had to reorder once for touch up, at least on touch up I did not have to remove the rims/tires like the first time, I don't think the paint chipped as much as was nicked on tire rotations and tire changes. I do believe my painted calipers would effect value negatively.

Now I want those grill rings, especially after seeing that it took 15 minutes to replace them, sadly they are out of stock, going to search amazon to see if someone else has them for sale.

I've murdered mine in case I drive by Lil Hemi, maybe he won't notice me..... no engine mods at this time...lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
I only left Supercharged on side and Trackhawk emblem on back. These already look like every other Grand Cherokee, this give a little bit distinctive look. You remove everything, it just looks like every other Grand Cherokee, which is what pisses me off. Jeep could have did different design or added Demon hood, that would have been better.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Jeep could have did different design or added Demon hood, that would have been better.
But if they had made them look different, we'd have two less in the driveway.
To us, that they do blend is is their main appeal...well, obviously not counting the engine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I agree with Zar Trackhawk, there should be some distinctive look to the TH that's why I'm going to leave my Trackhawk badge on the tailgate. But going to remove the supercharged letters off the doors, it seems to crowed with them on. But to each his own...

21 - 40 of 58 Posts