Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
There are all sorts of wings, spoilers, decals, and such to make any vehicle stand out. Just look at what has been done to many Japanese cars. Go ahead and add as much as you want.

Meanwhile, I'm quite content without any LOOK AT ME! accoutrements. People don't look, law enforcement doesn't look.
I'm fine with that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
the supercharged letters on the doors have to go before they fall off by themselves.
took the TH logo off the tailgate as well
those in the know see the quad pipes and yellow calipers and know what it is
the remaining 99.9% of the public, including LE, just see a Jeep.
Perfect

With the S1025 package, might put the standard rectangular chrome FCA flex fuel badge on the tailgate where the TH logo used to be. Then you REALLY have to be in the know to understand whats going on.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the supercharged letters on the doors have to go before they fall off by themselves.
took the TH logo off the tailgate as well
the remaining 99.9% of the public, including LE, just see a Jeep.
Perfect

With the S1025 package, might put the standard rectangular chrome FCA flex fuel badge on the tailgate where the TH logo used to be. Then you REALLY have to be in the know to understand whats going on.
I have 50/50 feeling on that. Imagine someone asking, "Hey I like your Jeep", instead of saying "Hey I like your Trackhawk". I was driving an SRT, and tons of people didn't know that SRT existed until they looked at the badge, otherwise if nothing was there, they would have just thought it was regular Jeep Grand Cherokee. Yes, people that know will know, but wouldn't you want more people to know that Trackhawks exist by just them looking at the badge.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bought a pair of rectangular exhaust tips off of a Challenger for cheap. Hopefully they'll fit. At least they can be swapped the other way around, that much I do know.
That leaves the yellow calipers, which will get painted.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have 50/50 feeling on that. Imagine someone asking, "Hey I like your Jeep", instead of saying "Hey I like your Trackhawk". I was driving an SRT, and tons of people didn't know that SRT existed until they looked at the badge, otherwise if nothing was there, they would have just thought it was regular Jeep Grand Cherokee. Yes, people that know will know, but wouldn't you want more people to know that Trackhawks exist by just them looking at the badge.
Its totally a matter of personal preference. Some people absolutely want to hide it and take it all the way as far as actively disguising their "trackhawkness" by changing the exhaust tips, and painting the calipers, etc. The way I see it, the TH is my DD, so stealth and flying under the radar is of paramount importance. However, the vast, vast, majority of the public has no idea what the yellow calipers and quad exhaust tips mean, and they probably dont care, so to me, that's going too far, but its all good, I see the value of creating a sleeper that can even fool gearheads.

But, when you have the TH badge and the SC badging on the sides, you are actively advertising to the non gearhead public what you have.

In just the last month I had:

1- a cop come out of nowhere and follow me for a mile or so. Guess I was going a bit fast, but I kept to the speed limit when I saw him pull up behind me and start to follow. Would he have been more inclined to pull me over if I had SRT, TH, Demon logos, etc all over the tailgate?

2- a guy in an AMG pull up and give HUGE smile and thumbs up, recognizing a debadged TH.

3- another guy in a very loud and obviously modified mustang on the open freeway obnoxiously try to get around me to change lanes with slower traffic ahead. He lost. Badly.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not me. I can generally outrun them. If by TC you mean Trackhawk.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, between their no pursuit policy and speed limited vehicles, it's not particularly hard.
So what does the "C" stand for in Trackhawk?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ah, for a while I thought that maybe you referred to the MG TC.
Never had one, but do have a hopped up TD.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts