Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might be aware of my previous bad experiences with FCA as well as the local dealership but it just doesn’t seem to stop. Today I sent my 7th email over the past two weeks asking where the trim pieces are that were ordered two months ago. I finally got a response and it said that they’d talk to Chrysler about it and get them ordered. WHAT?!?!? They were ordered two months ago!! This is the same dealership that overfilled the oil. SMH ☹

·
Registered
685 Posts
Holy crap, and yes I am aware of your previous hassles.

As for why FCA is so horrible, it probably comes down to money. Doesn't it always, with a company that you are trying to get to do the right thing? FCA just doesn't give a **** about you after you buy their product.

With a high-dollar vehicle like the TH (which is also the first FCA vehicle purchase for many, and therefore is an "influencer" car among Porsche, BMW, MB, etc., owners) FCA needs to take care of its customers. For its sake as well as for the sake of the customers.

Will they wise up and do that? With the current top level management, I sort of doubt it. They build some super-fun super-fast vehicles, and for that I thank them...but as for their customer service they suck.

Hang in there, Lil Hemi. I hope it gets better for you.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d, Ive owned plenty of vehicles with a lower sticker price with better product/services. Maybe I’m just one of those people that thinks you should take take care of ur clients regardless the price of the product. This is definitely my last FCA product.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW!! FCA stated today that they’ve invalidated my entire warranty due to my engine mods. They are refusing to correct trim issues reported shortly after taking delivery.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
WOW!! FCA stated today that they’ve invalidated my entire warranty due to my engine mods. They are refusing to correct trim issues reported shortly after taking delivery.
They are trying to see if you will go away easy. it cost them nothing to say **** off. specially if you do. you will either have to write a very good letter (lawyer talk) or hire a lawyer.
better yet this will probably work. take them to small claims court maybe take the dealership to Small claims.
if you do go that way it is a must if you want to win get a "expert opinion documented" the expert can be your buddy that works at a body shop. (trim parts) with the expert you will win easy without the expert you will have a hard time. Info straight from a judge of small claims. he said we might have no clue whats going on and we will not trust either side but a third party expert we trust you have to use one. Sue for damages and filing fees everythng you can think of to max out the small claims court max limit.
thats your cheapest direction unless you can write a very good letter?

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The platform is great, it was designed when they were partnered with Daimler. My complaint is how this company treats it’s clients. Refusing to fix defective trim from the factory because I changed a pulley??? That’s why I’ll never buy FCA again.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
The platform is great, it was designed when they were partnered with Daimler. My complaint is how this company treats it’s clients. Refusing to fix defective trim from the factory because I changed a pulley??? That’s why I’ll never buy FCA again.
lol it dont even make sense. thats more the dealer then FCA but I get it. what did the service guy say when you told him that? is this same dealership you bought it from?

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FCA invalidated the warranty and flagged the vehicle so I can’t have any warranty work done on it anywhere. I’m gonna file complaints with BBB and state attorney general and then call the local news stations. This is complete bullsh*t! These trim pieces were reported over a year ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are trying to see if you will go away easy. it cost them nothing to say **** off. specially if you do. you will either have to write a very good letter (lawyer talk) or hire a lawyer.
better yet this will probably work. take them to small claims court maybe take the dealership to Small claims.
if you do go that way it is a must if you want to win get a "expert opinion documented" the expert can be your buddy that works at a body shop. (trim parts) with the expert you will win easy without the expert you will have a hard time. Info straight from a judge of small claims. he said we might have no clue whats going on and we will not trust either side but a third party expert we trust you have to use one. Sue for damages and filing fees everythng you can think of to max out the small claims court max limit.
thats your cheapest direction unless you can write a very good letter?
Interesting threads. I own a near new 2020 TH (no problems yet); have owned a very modded/supercharged and off-road crawler TJ for years; also a Jeep Liberty that I bought new 2005. Dealer experiences have mostly been OK with FCA, Service, tho the local (No. NV) dealer sales staff sucks. However, the advice to use Small Claims court is very applicable. I have done so twice in No. CA in past years,, once on an illegal denial of a warranty claim, and another time on bad service work performed. One was a GMC dealer, the other a Cadillac dealer. I won in Small Claims, both times, and saved a couple of thousand $. The warranty claim lawsuit was a hoot; the dealer sent their Service Dept. Manager and, their lead tech, to defend the suit. They lied to the judge and tried to blow smoke at him, on an allegation that was obviously baloney. They lost the case. The other case, the defendant/dealer tried to claim that I was unreasonable about how the repair was supposed to work/result, another case of a lying dealer. Small Claims is a great way to bring these cheaters to heel, but it does have modest dollar amount limits, which vary by jurisdiction/state.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Interesting threads. I own a near new 2020 TH (no problems yet); have owned a very modded/supercharged and off-road crawler TJ for years; also a Jeep Liberty that I bought new 2005. Dealer experiences have mostly been OK with FCA, Service, tho the local (No. NV) dealer sales staff sucks. However, the advice to use Small Claims court is very applicable. I have done so twice in No. CA in past years,, once on an illegal denial of a warranty claim, and another time on bad service work performed. One was a GMC dealer, the other a Cadillac dealer. I won in Small Claims, both times, and saved a couple of thousand $. The warranty claim lawsuit was a hoot; the dealer sent their Service Dept. Manager and, their lead tech, to defend the suit. They lied to the judge and tried to blow smoke at him, on an allegation that was obviously baloney. They lost the case. The other case, the defendant/dealer tried to claim that I was unreasonable about how the repair was supposed to work/result, another case of a lying dealer. Small Claims is a great way to bring these cheaters to heel, but it does have modest dollar amount limits, which vary by jurisdiction/state.
I am surprised they sent the led tech and the manager. its more sense to just fix your issues but glad you won. Only way to teach these liars a lesson is in the pocket. denying legit issues is so wrong they should face more harsh penalty's to stop them from doing it again. Id bet most just say oh well and give up and I bet thats what they hope for. I am glad you didnt just take it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am surprised they sent the led tech and the manager. its more sense to just fix your issues but glad you won. Only way to teach these liars a lesson is in the pocket. denying legit issues is so wrong they should face more harsh penalty's to stop them from doing it again. Id bet most just say oh well and give up and I bet thats what they hope for. I am glad you didnt just take it.
A little more detail: the GMC pickup was delivered new to me with a leaking AC compressor shaft seal, so the system went flat in the first year that I owned the truck. I took it in twice for repair during the first 3 years of Warranty, and each time they recharged it and said they could not find the leak. About 5 months after warranty expiration, it was flat again, and then they miraculously found the leaking seal. Told me it would be about $1,000.00 for new compressor, dryer, etc. I said it was under warranty; they said it is out of warranty. I cited the prior service jobs, and presented my RO copy from one of those jobs. They denied that they had a copy of that RO. Finally, they said they would cover the cost of the parts and I could just pay the labor cost. Of course that was a scam too, as they would have presented a warranty claim to GM for the parts, and would have been 100% covered at the dealership for cost of the job. I refused, said I would go to an independent shop, and sue them for the repair. They ignored me, so after proper legal notice to them, I went to a very good local AC shop, had the work done, (about the same cost as the dealer quoted), and presented my bill to the dealer. They ignored me again; I opened a Claim with GM National Customer Service and got a claim # with promise to call me back in a few days and let me know what was decided. Two weeks later with no further response from anyone, I called National again, and was told that they had contacted the dealer, and were pleased to offer me free parts if I paid the labor (same deal as the dealer had offered). So the dealer ducked legal service of the lawsuit in Small Claims for another two months, but I finally got them served by the Sheriff, and when they appeared in Court for our afternoon hearing, the case was last in line, behind a number of other cases. So, those two well paid turkeys from the dealership sat there all afternoon, waiting for our case to be called. Then, their defense was, to tell the judge that I never had the routine AC service performed, so it was my fault. I said to the judge that I was sure that as a likely owner of a car with an AC, he probably was aware that Owner's Manual's do not call for routine AC service. He took the case under advisement as they routinely do, and issued his verdict about a week later by mail; 100% in my favor. Losing defendants in CA Small Claims cases have an automatic appeal period (about 20, 30 days if I recall), after which judgement is enforceable.. The day after that appeal period expired, I got a call from GM National Customer Service, asking me how I would like my check sent to me? Talk about sweet revenge . And, this was a dealer that had sold us two new cars ! I am sure that, as other posters herein have said, that this is a common stonewall technique, and that most customers let it go, so the shops make out very well overall on their work. Too many car dealers fully deserve the contempt they reap from customers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts