Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cmon this is the only dedicated TH site I have come across and I’m surprised to see the traffic or lack there of. This is a wonderful board but most of the content I see is dated and from the archives. lol.

Maybe start some TH pic of the month contest or something on those lines to generate some more activity. Just a thought.

Sorry if this came across in an abrasive manner, that was definitely not the intent. Admin, Please remove it if you feel I have crossed the line. Peace!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Everyone is on Facebook.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Its only been in production not even a year yet... We are all in together at the ground level.... Its much better here... Nice quiet quality posts.... Check out the corvette forum... which is trolled by millions of camaro/mustang/honda fan boys just making fun of what you got.... Enjoy this while its nice and slow =D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I fully agree it has been in production for a almost a year, but then that did not hinder the activity on the TH section/ Jeepgarage. I am on there as well, but was looking for a dedicated resource (like Hellcat org) for consolidated information.

Hopefully more TH owners start posting here down the line.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I agree with John WGW...I like the "quality, not quantity" type of posts here. So far, I haven't seen any overt rudeness, flaming, etc.

I really appreciate the camaraderie, and sharing of problems, tuner tricks, etc. That's what it's all about, right?

And no, we're not all on FB. Believe it or not, I don't even have a FB account. This is my social network for THs.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was quite surprised see only 2 pages on the “what did you to your TH” and garage thread.

Luke warm welcoming or reception to new members who have enthusiasticly signed up recently. I feel that’s a key ingredient which is integral to exhibiting camaraderie or espirit de corps in addition to sharing of other resources. Imho, that attitude could be construed as borderline rude (or cold) as well.

All good just thought I would share my perspective, which is obviously subjective in nature anyways. The general consensus seems that peeps are ok with the way things are. I have resisted joining those Facebook groups as well. I had joined one of the groups and bailed out within 48 hours..LOL. Drive safe.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hi,THisLIFE:

I've only been on the site since January, but I check it everyday, and post when I have something worthwhile (or so I think...ha!) to say.

I welcome you, and anyone else with a new TH, or just an appreciation for one.

I'm just a guy who loves superfast cars and trucks, and talking about them with others who share my passions. I think the vast majority of others on this site are much the same.

I think it's a pretty nice place to add to your list of sites to peruse each morning with a coffee, and with a beer at the end of the day.

Peel out...

Reactions: THisLIFE

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey BlackTrack,

Thanks for the kind words /welcome. Much appreciated. Yes it takes a diverse group to make a community. At the end of the day we are all car enthusiasts. I love high Hp cars as well. I own the Hellcat Charger as well along with couple of other toys.

I used to own a 2014 GT500 Shelby which I traded in for the Hellcat Challenger in late 2014. The Trackhawk is by far the most evolved and refined hellcat imho. I feel the addition of the TH, will reduce my seat time on the Charger.

Sunny side up. Cheers!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Btw did you guys follow the break in protocols to the T? I’m at 400 miles and did some good workouts in the canyons and PCH over the weekend.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yes, I did follow the protocols. Not easy to keep your right foot out of it all the way, but I managed for at least the first 500, and then didn't really hammer it until it cracked 1000. Same with the brakes.

I plan on keeping this vehicle forever (I doubt the next-gen GC will feel the same, on an Alfa platform...and who knows if/when there'll be a TH version) and so it was worth it to me to behave myself during the break-in period.

Hang in there if you are of similar mindset...
And if you think it's quick at part-throttle, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I followed the break-in to the 1500 mile mark when I got the oil changed. I did my first launch just over 500 miles. It does feel like forever trying to get to 500.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Like on my hellcats in the past, I try to stay under 3k rpm for the first 100 miles and maintain speeds of 60-65 mph. I don’t think 55mph should be taken in the literal sense, it can be dangerous as well on the freeways. Lol. I think maintaining the rpm levels is more critical than the speed limits. I never exceed the rpm levels as outlined in the manual. Always try to avoid aggressive braking for the 1-300 miles only. The break in, is essentially for the drivetrain since the motor is already broken in at the factory where they put it to a 45 min test.

100-300: the manual suggest not to exceed 70 mph...but I use 75-80mph as a threshold. Always stay under 5k rpm during this period.

Currently I’m at the last phase of my break in: 300-500: This is the stage where I will exercise the full engine rpm range. No sustained WOT operation and will try not to go over 85 mph on the freeway.

500 onwards you can drive normally like you are accustomed to with your other cars, obviously don’t abuse it or beat it to death.

Just don’t track it until you hit 1500 miles, otherwise I don’t feel there is a need to prolong break in after 500 miles.

Hopefully I hit the magical 500 mark today as Bar suggested.

·
Registered
500 Posts
THisLIFE,

I agree with all that you wrote. Including about break-in rpms being more important than mph.

Good job on the self-restraint plan.

I know that others on here have a more aggressive approach to break-in, including the Hennessey crew that posted the top speed run with a TH with only 70 or so miles on the odo. It apparently lived to speed another day, so good on them.

Not to mention the insane-levels of tuner packages that are coming out from various sources.

The TH appears to be a VERY strong package!

Reactions: THisLIFE

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THisLIFE,

I agree with all that you wrote. Including about break-in rpms being more important than mph.

Good job on the self-restraint plan.

I know that others on here have a more aggressive approach to break-in, including the Hennessey crew that posted the top speed run with a TH with only 70 or so miles on the odo. It apparently lived to speed another day, so good on them.

Not to mention the insane-levels of tuner packages that are coming out from various sources.

The TH appears to be a VERY strong package!
My top speed so far is 82 and I was punishing myself for doing that. Lol. I had to overtake a huge Prius brigade which was double teaming me by blocking lanes on the freeway. Other than that I have been quite disciplined.

I fully agree with you, this is a rocket out of the box. The engineers left no stone unturned when they created this beast. The most refined and evolved hellcat ever. Crazy that the dream of owning an awd 707 came true.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Don't you just love blasting past Priuses?!

True story: I was driving my '66 Corvette 427 in a parking lot recently, and pulled in to park next to a Prius. The Prius driver was just getting out of his car. He looked disgusted at my car.

I revved the engine a few times (factory side pipes) before shutting it off. And he gave me the major stink-eye.

I couldn't resist...I rolled down my window and yelled to the guy: "Hey! As much as you think you're saving the planet, I'm F*$&^&% it up even faster!"

I thought he was going to have a stroke, right there. Ha!

Fossil fuel rules!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't you just love blasting past Priuses?!

True story: I was driving my '66 Corvette 427 in a parking lot recently, and pulled in to park next to a Prius. The Prius driver was just getting out of his car. He looked disgusted at my car.

I revved the engine a few times (factory side pipes) before shutting it off. And he gave me the major stink-eye.

I couldn't resist...I rolled down my window and yelled to the guy: "Hey! As much as you think you're saving the planet, I'm F*$&^&% it up even faster!"

I thought he was going to have a stroke, right there. Ha!

Fossil fuel rules!!
Lol , that was hilarious. These tree huggers invariably end up on the car pool lane, going at 60 mph with traffic backed up for over a mile. I mean how does a Prius compromise gas average going above 60 mph?

These greedy bastids aren’t satisfied with 40 mpg....they want close to 50 numbers. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm taking it easy for the first 500 miles. My TH had 31 miles at delivery and the 0-60 said 2.87. lol
Top speed said 115mph. It also had the Quality Test sticker on the window.
Facebook has several TH pages. jeepgarage forum also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Limited numbers and I think this is a new site since even the admin only has about 110 posts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts