Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys has anyone tinted their windshield and had any trouble? my tint guy said he has had issues on 17+ grand Cherokees because the water from the inside after u squeegee the water out it drips onto like the computer or something and would fry it. Just want to see if anyone has had any success

·
Registered
408 Posts
hey guys has anyone tinted their windshield and had any trouble? my tint guy said he has had issues on 17+ grand Cherokees because the water from the inside after u squeegee the water out it drips onto like the computer or something and would fry it. Just want to see if anyone has had any success
I've got my windshield tinted and there were no issues/problems at all.

·
Registered
218 Posts
No issues here with mine either. Just put a towel down on the dash and at the bottom of the window to catch most of the water.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
seems like a bad installer I would swap installers for sure. maybe find a legit company thats been around awhile. sure they will charge more but you wont have these issues I bet.
its silly but I goto a shop thats all they do is tint been around for ever. I pay more than going to a detail shop or stereo shop but on the last 10-12 cars and trucks no issues ever. sometimes the extra 100 bucks is worth it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its actually a top quality tint shop....all they do is tints and he's been around for years. He said he's had issues with only the 17'+ JGC because they relocated something under the dash etc.....idk was just super surprised I feel like the windshield needs a 50% to bring it all together.

literally he was backed up for a month when I called to come in but just did 20% on the fronts to match the car and he was able to squeeze me in. he had 8 cars in his garage just getting tint work because thats all he does. tinted my Camaro in 2010 and they held up tremendously well over a decade.

·
Registered
408 Posts
its actually a top quality tint shop....all they do is tints and he's been around for years. He said he's had issues with only the 17'+ JGC because they relocated something under the dash etc.....idk was just super surprised I feel like the windshield needs a 50% to bring it all together.

literally he was backed up for a month when I called to come in but just did 20% on the fronts to match the car and he was able to squeeze me in. he had 8 cars in his garage just getting tint work because thats all he does. tinted my Camaro in 2010 and they held up tremendously well over a decade.
You'll be fine if he knows what he's doing, many of us on here have had the windshield tinted with no issues.

I went 50% and with the rake of the windshield it appears to be closer to 20% which matches the other windows nicely. I also added a 5% brow which looks fantastic. I had 20% on my SRT windshield before the hawk and it was pretty dark - got pulled over several times here in KS.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got a CEL after getting my Windshield tinted. Wasn't there when I pulled in, was there as soon as I started it up to leave.

Forget what the CEL was for.

Cleared it when I got home, and had no problems after.

I got Global QDP Ceramic 70 on the Windshield.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts