Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still on the fence about buying a Trackhawk. Seems amazing. But I have seen lots of posts about misaligned panels, squeaks and assorted quality issues that should not be acceptable for a car that costs this much. I would be heartbroken if I bought one and regreted it. If you are a current owner, would you buy one again if you could go back in time? Probably not the most impartial people to ask as I assume you are a fan if you’re on this forum, but would like your opinion.

·
Super Moderator
1,843 Posts
Yup! No doubt about it. As long as FCA is willing to fix any defects, then the problems are no different than any other vehicle. I have multiple QC issues with mine but once they’re fixed, this will be the perfect daily driving vehicle for those addicted to G force.

·
Registered
500 Posts
****-yeah!

I gave a buddy of mine a fast ride in it today. He has a Ferrari 458 and couldn't believe how hard the TH accelerates.
With two of us in the TH (he's about 240 pounds, I'm 185) we nailed a series of 3.5 sec 0-60s.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I’d buy it again even with the squeaky seat and all. It’s bonkers when you go WOT! It’s a bargain for what you’re getting, so there is no buyer’s remorse here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I basically did buy it again...

I owned a '15 SRT GC for 18 months. Bought it as a new, leftover towards the end of '16. At 1300 miles, put a Magnuson supercharger on it. Low-boost kit, stock internals. Ran flawlessly. Not quite as fast as a TH (0-60 in 3.6 in 35^F air... my TH can run the same time in 85^F air), but I absolutely loved the Jeep GC so much, I traded it in at 9200 miles for a new TH.

The thing does _everything_ so well. Rides and drives extremely nice and docile, til you stand on the gas. It hauls people, stuff, and arse. My two, modified Corvettes stay in the garage much more because of this vehicle. It is just that much fun and that easy to drive easy or hard. My '15 had some creaks coming from the rear "trunk" area... especially when it got cold out, it would creak some from the plastic panels. It is as nice as my wife's '14 Audi SQ5, but the fit and finish is not as good. So you get some of that. I'm sure my TH will, too. I didn't care...and so I bought my 2nd Jeep GC in 2 years. :)

Extremely happy.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Absolutely would do it again! No regrets here!
I have only had mine for a few weeks, but as others have stated if you have already owned a WK2 SRT platform you know what to expect. Sure, there have been some QC issues along the way, but I don’t think any of them have not been fixed under warranty. I came from a 2015 SRT that had less than 10,000 miles on it when I traded it in and the TH is just on another level all together. If you are on the fence, all it will take is 1 ride in one and you will be off that fence!

I hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the replies everyone. I'm sure a Trackhawk will meet at least some of my desires. Unlike most people on this forum, my "stable" of cars consists of a RAV4, Lexus Hybrid and a minivan. I am only allowing myself 1 performance-oriented, crazy car purchase. As such, I guess I have a lot riding on this decision (no pun intended).

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am thinking about buying a second one, just to twin turbo it... its a joy to drive.... Its not like when i get in my z06.... Which feels like a racecar... This thing is a family moving beast... safe... and fun to drive!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would have been nice if it had the Dark Tan leather interior option they had for the SRT. Not a huge fan of the yellow calibers but not a big deal. A few other minor details, but definitely a sharp vehicle and although not inexpensive, still a bargain for what your getting. Time and higher mileage will tell in regards to reliability.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thank you for the replies everyone. I'm sure a Trackhawk will meet at least some of my desires. Unlike most people on this forum, my "stable" of cars consists of a RAV4, Lexus Hybrid and a minivan. I am only allowing myself 1 performance-oriented, crazy car purchase. As such, I guess I have a lot riding on this decision (no pun intended).
I would go out and drive a lot of vehicles then. You already have a small SUV and a minivan to haul people in. If this is something just for you, then I'd be looking at a sports car myself, but then again... I've been driving 2-seaters for nearly 20 years.

Enjoy the process of finding the right vehicle for you. That is a big part of the fun, I think!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I started this thread and will give you some closure. I did decide to buy the Trackhawk. Picked it up last night (6/6/18). Time will tell, but so far I am very pleased. It will make a great daily driver assuming I can afford the gas ;). The ride is not too firm and while I am babying the car during the break-in period, I did just enough on my drive home from the dealer to get a glimpse of the power . Should be a fun ride.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I started this thread and will give you some closure. I did decide to buy the Trackhawk. Picked it up last night (6/6/18). Time will tell, but so far I am very pleased. It will make a great daily driver assuming I can afford the gas ;). The ride is not too firm and while I am babying the car during the break-in period, I did just enough on my drive home from the dealer to get a glimpse of the power . Should be a fun ride.
The gas is the only downside. I’m averaging 9 mpg so far, which is costing a ton of money to keep its thirst quenched.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The gas is the only downside. I’m averaging 9 mpg so far, which is costing a ton of money to keep its thirst quenched.
Yeah, I'm at 475 miles and am averaging (90% city) about 11mpg, leaving it in auto mode almost exclusively. One quick 60 mile highway trip with Eco mode engaged, it showed 16.5mpg, which is not bad. But the thing is much more fun in Sport or the Custom mode I have set up (Sport for trans) and if I do that around town it is going to get 9 all the time. :wink2:

But this is the best DD I've ever owned...just does everything I ask of it very, very well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts