Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
How much of a deposit did they ask you to put down? Curious since not all dealers will ask for the same amount and its easy to see why, all for many reasons.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I was quoted several different nominal dollar amounts for the deposit, so it surely doesn't seem standardized. The dealer I bought from asked for 3k down, he estimated 12-16 weeks for delivery. Probably December at the earliest is my guess before any of us see it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the deposit! Did they give you a general delivery time estimate?

Originally told 8 - 12 weeks ...but got call yesterday that delivery could be as soon as end Sept. or 6 weeks.

Sounds almost to good to be true... But...you never know.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Nothing down? To buy a limited production car built out to your specs? Never heard of that. Do you at least have a Customer Sold Order Verification Form with your Build Sheet? I've also got a Final Worksheet & Agreement to Purchase Contract I had to sign and put down a non refundable 3k deposit. I actually wouldn't even feel confident as a buyer that it's a secure order without this deposit holding my order.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nothing down? To buy a limited production car built out to your specs? Never heard of that. Do you at least have a Customer Sold Order Verification Form with your Build Sheet? I've also got a Final Worksheet & Agreement to Purchase Contract I had to sign and put down a non refundable 3k deposit. I actually wouldn't even feel confident as a buyer that it's a secure order without this deposit holding my order.
Yep got a VON TRACKING with Resume Speed...via jeep in the garage...confirmation via Jeep...same dealer I bought my new 2007JeepSRT from. I have dealt with them in the past..they even sold their Demon at MSRP

·
Registered
695 Posts
That's great to have a relationship like that with your dealer. That's polar opposite from my experience. I shopped this at a dozen or so dealers, and by far the worst experience I had was with the dealer that's been servicing my SRT8 for the past 7 years. Not only did they not get my business but they lost all of my future service business as well, I'll drive a bit further just to avoid them now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
While many dealers are happy to use nefarious tactics to make as much money as possible on rare vehicles, there are also a lot out there that still treat clients and enthusiasts with respect. They are the ones selling at MSRP with no games and crazy down payments. I have a great relationship with my local dealership (I have acquired 4 Grand Cherokees from them over the past few years), and the TrackHawk order process was super smooth. Since I will be trading in my current JGC, they didn't even require a deposit to place my order. They realize that it is good for longterm business rather than trying to make a quick buck on one vehicle. From Allpar and other websites, it looks like production will start in late September, so some of us could theoretically see vehicle deliveries in Oct, but Nov and Dec are more likely. A lot of the company folk, suppliers, and celebrities will probably get their VONs pushed up in build order.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's great to have a relationship like that with your dealer. That's polar opposite from my experience. I shopped this at a dozen or so dealers, and by far the worst experience I had was with the dealer that's been servicing my SRT8 for the past 7 years. Not only did they not get my business but they lost all of my future service business as well, I'll drive a bit kfurther just to avoid them now.
I contacted over 30 dealerships two months before the August 10th date...long stories I had can be read at hellcat dot org or jeepgarage. ..some dealers wanted ADM and big deposits others wanted just splits at Invoice to msrp. .
I posted up all the good deals at msrp and below for others to follow up...I think I found 5 or 6 in all below msrp. ..

BTW you can track your Trackhawk at the jeepgarage with Resume Speed/Milous all the way from VON to dealer delivery for a small cost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts