Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rhino - opted to skip the full leather seats... but got everything else....love the white "Trackhawk" stitching on the black seats.

Need to find that engine block heater & and a good place to try launch control..... (12" snow forecasted for first day of spring.... :( )

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Diamond black picked up a couple of days ago in LA. I had a X5M tailgate me for about a couple of miles on the freeway. Darn the break in..Lol.
Looks so good in black! Nice. I might have kept my side badges had I gotten black. They blend in nicely and are just set off enough to look sharp. :D

Reactions: THisLIFE

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks so good in black! Nice. I might have kept my side badges had I gotten black. They blend in nicely and are just set off enough to look sharp. :D
Thanks.

Full disclosure: I was really keen on the ivory white or silver. I really fell in love with silver after they showcased it during the launch.

However I noticed the badges blend in seamlessly with Black and I’m quite reluctant to remove them. I know my maintenance anguish is gonna skyrocket now, trying to keep the Black pristine. Lol.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks.

Full disclosure: I was really keen on the ivory white or silver. I really fell in love with silver after they showcased it during the launch.

However I noticed the badges blend in seamlessly with Black and I’m quite reluctant to remove them. I know my maintenance anguish is gonna skyrocket now, trying to keep the Black pristine. Lol.
I hear ya! I've owned several black cars and they are absolutely gorgeous when clean. Is the diamond black a metallic black?

For me, I just had to go with Silver or White because it is my DD. I keep the darker colors for my other cars that just don't get out as much, and when they do it is to drive them... they don't ever sit in a parking lot for long.

On the silver, the side badges look way too "busy", IMHO. But that is just my personal taste. I haven't removed the rear decklid Trackhawk badge yet, but I might.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I hear ya! I've owned several black cars and they are absolutely gorgeous when clean. Is the diamond black a metallic black?

For me, I just had to go with Silver or White because it is my DD. I keep the darker colors for my other cars that just don't get out as much, and when they do it is to drive them... they don't ever sit in a parking lot for long.

On the silver, the side badges look way too "busy", IMHO. But that is just my personal taste. I haven't removed the rear decklid Trackhawk badge yet, but I might.
It is metallic I think cause the exact paint description is “Black Diamond crystal pearl.” I do notice hints of flakiness or that distinct pearly finish in the sun.

Yes the clean look minus the badges on silver, looks quite nice. I wish they had a more distinguishing feature on the rear badge. It looks so similar to the trailhawk.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It is metallic I think cause the exact paint description is “Black Diamond crystal pearl.” I do notice hints of flakiness or that distinct pearly finish in the sun.

Yes the clean look minus the badges on silver, looks quite nice. I wish they had a more distinguishing feature on the rear badge. It looks so similar to the trailhawk.
Which is why I may just yank the rear badge and get me a black "SRT" badge. I had that on my '15 SRT and it looked clean and its small, so it "fits" well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Trackhawk is lowered with SRT Eibachs exactly like the ones I used on my SRT and they fit nicely and give it a mean stance!

I’m still waiting on my GT Haus exhaust system and it’s going on almost 8 weeks. They did offer about 2 wks ago to send the system minus the tips which would come later but I declined and told them to send me the complete system all at the same time.

Since winter is over I’m gonna be installing my 22” Modulare 3 piece wheels as soon as the Toyo Proxes ST III come in and I’ll take some pix and post it.

The only other mode I’m waiting on is having a pulley and injector kit installed and having the ecm flashed.

I’ll post it when I get it done as well!

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
My Trackhawk is lowered with SRT Eibachs exactly like the ones I used on my SRT and they fit nicely and give it a mean stance!

I’m still waiting on my GT Haus exhaust system and it’s going on almost 8 weeks. They did offer about 2 wks ago to send the system minus the tips which would come later but I declined and told them to send me the complete system all at the same time.

Since winter is over I’m gonna be installing my 22” Modulare 3 piece wheels as soon as the Toyo Proxes ST III come in and I’ll take some pix and post it.

The only other mode I’m waiting on is having a pulley and injector kit installed and having the ecm flashed.

I’ll post it when I get it done as well!
Who do you plan to have do the pulley and tune? Just like any factory supercharged (or turbo) vehicle, it takes very little to bump them another 75-100hp... and usually that is safe, if the tune is spot-on. I don't know I will do that while it is under warranty, until a tuner out there does enough that it is deemed near-bulletproof.

I owned my ZR1 less than a week before it had a pulley, headers, and a tune... and it picked up 100rwhp. But that is a proven platform that can handle way more than I'm throwing at it. I don't want to be the guinea pig with the TH.

Definitely post when you're done!! Your TH looks awesome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m gonna have Livernois Motorsports do the upgrade for the pulley, injectors and tune.

Thanks! I was trying to take better pix but it was a long drill week after coming back from 6 days at Ft McCoy I just wanted to wash her and get that dirt off!

Once I get those tires mounted up on the wheels the chrome against that Crystal Granite is gonna look sick!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I’m gonna have Livernois Motorsports do the upgrade for the pulley, injectors and tune.

Thanks! I was trying to take better pix but it was a long drill week after coming back from 6 days at Ft McCoy I just wanted to wash her and get that dirt off!

Once I get those tires mounted up on the wheels the chrome against that Crystal Granite is gonna look sick!
Yes, a good contrast between the wheels and a darker colored vehicle always pops.

I'm so new to this, I didn't realize Livernois had anything out yet for these. Man, I can see the 900hp package... just amazing. But I live nowhere remotely close to them. :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Breaking in nicely. The last run was with 4 blokes in the rig.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 73 Posts