Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone tell me if a 20" dia 6" wide Jeep SRT spare would work on a
2020 Trackhawk as a spare. Don't like the idea of no backup
Some say it would work on the rear but not the front due to the 6 piston calipers
SO, does any one know?????
Ancientmariner

·
Registered
69 Posts
Some say it would work on the rear but not the front due to the 6 piston calipers
Ancientmariner
The ‘spare’ on my 14 SRT wouldn’t fit the front of the suv for which it was designed, I doubt it would clear the Trackhawk’s brakes.

If you wanted to use it after a flat up front, you would change out a front and rear tire, then use the spare out back.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just noticed I never responded. I've had the TH up to 278 KMPH 173 MPH without thinking about it coming back from Switzerland last year with 4 adults and packed with luggage etc. Took recent pics of gauges that show temps etc when cruising at sustained speeds. I think that what ever extra cooling capacity the tow packages provides makes a difference and if not it does very well at sustained speed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Cool photos, thanks! I'd love to do a lengthy top speed run like that.

Didn't know the export TH's got actual numbers on the dashboard coolant temp gauge, as opposed to our C and H marks.

Reactions: jimvanpatten

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine is a U.S. Spec I bought in CO May 2018. Shipped over in September 2018 when we moved here. I'm sure I would have gotten in trouble if still in the states even with radar detector etc.

·
Registered
157 Posts
After reading what others are getting, it was a pleasant surprise to get 16.85 mpg during a trip in the Rockies.
That's obviously with plenty of elevation changes, cruising at 75-85 where the roads were straight enough, and lots of foot-to-the-floor passing.
That was only two fill-ups, so not a large sample, but still.

Getting 10 seemed like a distinct possibility the way I drive.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine is a U.S. Spec I bought in CO May 2018. Shipped over in September 2018 when we moved here. I'm sure I would have gotten in trouble if still in the states even with radar detector etc.
I owned a lot of fast vehicles when I lived in Germany, just not TH fast. I would love to go back there with it some day. I would be a rock star at German Race wars!

Reactions: jimvanpatten

·
Registered
485 Posts
My bad on the temp gauge markings. Yes, mine has actual numbers, not C and H.

I was confusing it with another of my vehicles.

Obviously, I either have dementia or "Too Many Cars Syndrome." Maybe both.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My bad on the temp gauge markings. Yes, mine has actual numbers, not C and H.

I was confusing it with another of my vehicles.

Obviously, I either have dementia or "Too Many Cars Syndrome." Maybe both.
You have rides in the past that were on many peoples dream car list. Cool!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mine has actually startedgetting about 1 mpg (went from high 15’s mpg to high 16’s mpg) better on an 80mile run I make every couple weeks to see my 90 year old dad….its 2-lane mostthe way thru the Bankhead National Forest (great tight turns). I drive the same route and speed and over thelast year the mpg has creeped up a bit. TH has 8k miles on it now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ancientmariner
Wheel part #68363402AB plus 195/70R20 temporary tire by Pirelli, bought mine on Ebay, picked up the rest of parts at dealership where my son gets wholesale prices

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I averaged 19 on a 7200 miles trip (Houston tx to San Ramon ca to Seattle wa down to Portland or and back to Houston. I was not one bit easy on her and did hit 155 quite a few times lol.
FA769F2E-C71D-4F1D-B4C3-A14138DE88BD.jpeg

·
Registered
13 Posts
WTF ?? Was your TH on a trailer to get that ?? just kidding.... Never seen that MPG in mine, no matter what.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I averaged 19 on a 7200 miles trip (Houston tx to San Ramon ca to Seattle wa down to Portland or and back to Houston.
If you're going by what the Lie-O-Meter says (which usually isn't accurate in the first place) that 19.0 mpg reading reflects the last couple of hundred miles or so, not the average of your 7,200-mile trip.

I can make mine read just about whatever I want, depending on when it was reset, how long since it was reset, and how I'm using the throttle when taking a photo like that.
But hopefully you keep track of your fill-ups, making it easy to find out what the actual mileage for that trip was.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you're going by what the Lie-O-Meter says (which usually isn't accurate in the first place) that 19.0 mpg reading reflects the last couple of hundred miles or so, not the average of your 7,200-mile trip.

I can make mine read just about whatever I want, depending on when it was reset, how long since it was reset, and how I'm using the throttle when taking a photo like that.
But hopefully you keep track of your fill-ups, making it easy to find out what the actual mileage for that trip was.
I used trip A and cleared it before leaving. It was never reset until back to Houston. No I did not physically calculate miles driven x gallons pumped bc it wasn’t that serious to me. Tbh it’s more like 11-12 average when I’m dailying it city/highway. It’s getting modded as we speak rn so mpg’s is going down the shitter either way lol. I actually think it was reasonably close imho

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just curious. Obviously no one bought this vehicle for it's fuel efficiency but i'd like to know what everyone is seeing in the real world.

I'm about to fill out my first full tank and i have just under 300 miles on the trip odometer. Truck says 13.0 mpg but i'll still calculate it myself when i'm at the pump.

Just curious what everyone else is seeing. The mileage was advertised at 11/17. I'd think 17 is a STRETCH

Thanks.
I just got back from a 2600 KM trip to the coast (~1600 miles) and got a 13.7 L/100 (~17.2 MPG). Most of the time I was cruising at about 120 KM/h (~75 mph) in the mountains so I figure that's pretty good for a 2020 Trackhawk with under 5000 KM (3000 mi).

41 - 60 of 60 Posts